Who's here this season?

Hello Waste... still keeping tabs on the posts. I've learned so much here. I drop by at least three to four times a week. Like dawndenise above, I'm in North Central Texas, and able to keep the pool open year round. Too cold to swim, but the hot tub is great. This is my first year on the BBB method and my pool has never looked better... Thanks to you and the other regulars who freely give out such great advice.

Dan

Dan, good to see you and all others here at this time of the year!!! We all come here to learn and share and it is a great credit to Sean B that the forum remains active while the water is either frozen or just too darn cold to swim in! I 'kind-o' like the more 'relaxed' atmosphere at this time of year (where I can make some 'aside comments/ jokes', without interfering with a quester's question) but I do miss the immediacy of the questions that come while all the pools are open :roll:

Take care

Still check in once a week or so. Got my shelf of testing kit, water bottles etc. ready to go and making plans to go completely BBB this year! Got some rainwater off the pool cover yesterday, today what is left is frozen - Virginia finally got winter.

I have not checked in for a couple of months.

I elected not to close my pool this year, and things went very well up until last night. I even had a couple of 12 degree nights with no issues.

Last night, it got down to 22 degrees, and some time during the night, my juvenile delinquent nephew's puppy chewed through the electrical cord for my pump. :cry:

I have 1.5 inches of ice on top of my pool, all of my flex lines have an icy crust in them, and my pump motor just hums.

It is only getting up to 34 degrees today, and getting down to 17 tonight.

Getting ready to pour some warm water in the pump basket. Hopefully I can get the pump unfrozen. If so, everything will be fine again. If I don't, I am probably looking at some major startup costs, because temps are not going to get above 36 for about a week. :(

I'm here! I check in occasionally. My pool might have been swimmable (at least for a few days here and there) in December and January if I hadn't failed to drain my solar collectors. . . we had a freeze and now I have a waterfall instead of a solar heater. :( Must call pool guy soon. . .

Have been using the hot tub but not this week.

I haven't tested the pool in about a week so I MUST do it tonight! Need to check the skimmer basket too--who knows what's in there!!

My pool stays open year-round also.

Still checking in every few days! Just not much to say...tired of winter (hey...I know it's Texas but it's in the the 30's right now, too cold for me!)

We're thinking long and hard about adding a spa and updating the heater for next winter :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.