cracks in grout

The top picture looks like grout has been placed between the wall tile and the overhanging bond beam. That's not so good. Polyurethane caulk would've been better because there will always be some movement at that point More will probabaly fall out later. How old is the pool?

The bottom picture looks simply like some grout was missed and it's no big deal. Do you have many of those?

duraleigh said:
The top picture looks like grout has been placed between the wall tile and the overhanging bond beam. That's not so good. Polyurethane caulk would've been better because there will always be some movement at that point More will probabaly fall out later. How old is the pool?
Pool was built late 2004, first used in 2005. I have a couple spots like that so far. Should I caulk it now or can it wait until more fall out? Also, is vulkem 45 ssl ok to use for this?

duraleigh said:
The bottom picture looks simply like some grout was missed and it's no big deal. Do you have many of those?
only a couple.

I also have some cracks in my cooping (attached). I wonder if that's because the expansion joints where cooping meets the deck were never caulked.

And one last thing - my deck has been moving and it looks like it may not have enough support.

I assume the deck will crack eventually. correct? If so, is there anything I can\should do about it or just wait until it all cracks?

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 72
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.