Please Help Me -- Green Pool

So... I didn't add any more bleach to the pool last night and got up early this morning, eager to see if I had passed the OCLT. :-D

FC was 16
CC was 0.5

:hammer:

I'm thinking something is wrong. :?:
I don't think FC can increase on its own... Maybe I somehow messed up the test last night?

Any thoughts? :-D

I added bleach yesterday morning @ 10am... I tested last night @ 8:30 ish??

Can FC go up on its own, without anything being added? I'm thinking NO, but I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to pools... More than likely, my test last night was off, right?

I did the test twice this morning and got the same results for FC.

Any FC below shock level for your CYA (and above min fc level) is okay to swim.

Yep, as Bama said, prob a testing error.

Remember you do the opposite on the FAS/DPD that you were doing on the OTO dilution -

FAS/DPD you multiply by .5 (or divide by 2) and with the OTO, 1:1 dilution, you multiply by 2 :?
Your brain could have been on the OTO test :mrgreen:

Just maintain your FC today and redo the OCLT tonight :)

....and a follow up pool pic when pool passes all tests ::epds::

I did the OCLT again last night I think I passed! :) :party:

Last night, the FC was 10.5, this morning it was 10! The CC last night didn't turn completely colorless with 1 drop, so it took 2, which using a 10ml sample gives me a 1.0 CC, even though if I could've used 1/2 a drop, it would've cleared completely. It was "right there"... This morning, when I added the 5 drops to test for CC, the sample turned the lightest shade of pink and so I only had to add one drop, giving me a reading of 0.5 CC.

I'm adding a pic of the pool from yesterday.
It looks the same today... The water is sooo clear, I can hardly capture it on my camera!!
(Much better problem to have as opposed to the green I had this time last week!)

Attachments

• DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 69

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ended up not adding any more bleach yesterday... getting ready for my oldest's daughter's BD and it completely slipped my mind until the kiddos were out there swimming...

Last night, the FC was 6.5 and CC was 0.5. This morning, FC was 6 and CC was 0.2 (I used the 25mL sample to get a more precise measurement of the CC). :-D

The water is sparkling crystal clear. :party:

I can't help but keep thinking of all the different types of stuff the pool store would've sold me and how much $$ it would've cost and even how much worse my pool chemicals would've been if I hadn't found this place...

Y'all amaze me!
Thanks again for the advice! :-D

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 50
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.