Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all!

I have a Teledyne Laars Series One heater. Can someone please tell me at what pressure/flow does its safety shutoff trip?

I hear a click at 1350rpm when i raise my pump speed from 1000 rpm. If i can get that pressure/ flow value for the safety switch , i can pinpoint the pressure/flow in my system.

Thanks!

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_heaters ... IESONE.htm

Part 28 is listed with 3 different numbers, three different pressures. See if you can get a part number off it.

How I calculated my flow: Broke out a tape measure and got diameter of spa. Moved valves so I was drawing only from spa and returning only to pool. Throw switch, ran pump until it went down a foot or so and timed it. Shut pump off, reversed valves. Timed how long it took to refill. Some number crunching to get volume, convert to gallons, and now I can average the flow. It's going to be slightly different emptying and filling since the distance is different, that's why I measured both ways.

Wow!

What a great idea! I was on the same track but i almost emptied my spa till the fill jets were exposed above the water line and took a bucket and filled it while timing. Did two sets of readings and got really varied results so i gave up on the method.

But I think your method will be more accurate!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.