Intelliflo VF flow rates

beezar

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Houston, TX
I have a question about the Intelliflo VF. I set the pool size to 15000 gallons, the number of turnovers to 1, and the pump run time to 24 hours. I also set feature 3 to run at 40 gpm for 2 hours for skimming (just made up that flow rate... is it adequate?).

By my calculations, the skimming time would turnover 4800 gallons, leaving 10200 gallons to be turned over the other 22 hours. That would mean the pump would flow at around 8 gpm. However, the reading on the pump shows 15gpm when I run it with these settings.

Is 15gpm the minimum flow, or can it just not detect lower flow rates? The pump manual even talks about running at 10gpm when filtering in an example it gives.

The pump can't reliably measure flow rates below about 15, plus it is most efficient around 800-900 RPM, which is often more than 15 GPM. Manually adjust it to 800-900 RPM and see what the flow rate is, and use something just below that as your target flow rate.

40 GPM is probably way more than the skimmers need. Often the skimmers will work just fine at a rather slow flow rate. The only way to find out is to experiment, every pool is different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.