Can I fill my pool with pond water?

A full set of test numbers would help. At a guess I suspect that calcium from the cal-hypo is precipitating into a very very fine powder and clouding the water. That happens when you add anything that contains calcium and your calcium saturation index is too high. If that is what happened then adding a little acid to bring the PH down a little generally takes care of it. But there are other possibilities.

only have test sticks, so can't get any better measurements than what I have. FC is way up, probably 20+ at least. PH is reading 7.8 right now, but not sure how accurate that is with the high chlorine. Cya running 150, TA about 120 or so.

doing a 1/2 drain again now. hopefully my stabilizer will get down to a manageble level. I'm nervous about using the cal hypo again as it clouded the pool and never cleared. Is there anyway to use the cal hypo without it clouding over and staying that way?

Many people use cal-hypo without problems. It is important that your calcium saturation index not be too high when using cal-hypo. To check that you need a full set of test numbers. It is also possible that the clouding wasn't related to the calcium, though that is less likely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.