What's your current pool temp?

Hooking a fountain inline to your return will aerate the water nicely. PVC screwed in where the "eyeball" goes works and is cheaper than a fountain.

uwimage, let me upload to my online web server. Here you go...

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Okay, so you can buy a fountain and screw that into the return - or rig up a pvc thing.......how does that affect how the chemicals flow - I was told that my return should be facing more downwards into the pool so that everything circulates better, I had been leaving it up a bit so that it was almost like a mini-fountain effect...and would that work to cool down the water ... if you just made it so your return was turned up so it would propel the water into the air a bit before it lands in the pool. Would be a bit loud though.

I love the four jet setup!

A fountain isn't going to give you nearly as good circulation as a regular return. If you have more than one return it might not be a big deal, but with only one it become a problem. You only need to use it for a couple of days if you are lowering your alkalinity. I wouldn't recommend using it full time to lower the water temperature if you only have one return.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Grace, it's a long story. It all started off with my PB specing a 2HP northstar pump. I told him (after posting on the defunct pool forum) that I thought that pump was way too big. He said that I have 8 returns, a 21 foot weeping wall and a spa jet all tied into my filter. My pipes are 2-1/2" and based on feet of head I can turn over my pool in less than an hour. I run my pump twice a day for an hour and a half each time which works out to over 3 pool changes a day.

Initially, he had it running 6 hours a day and my Polaris running 3 hours on a 1HP booster pump but after seeing my electric bill I decided to tone it down. I have had no problems to date so I think it is working so far.

Not to hijack back to the original thread BUT, yahoo! My pool hit 81 deg today and I am loving it. Not such a big deal for many of you but we have had the coolest wettest May/early June in many years so I am thrilled that our panels finally got sun and jumped up 11 deg in 24 hrs!! I could swim without freezing. I did laps for 15 mins and floated around like a lazy teen on a spring float. What a way to enjoy the end of a long day at work! Tomorrow should be even better.

I live in Tennessee and get full sun for about 3/4 of the day. Temps have been mid-upper 80's for several weeks with lows in the mid-60's and we are only at 81 degrees :( I guess that is a testament to how much a solar cover do for pool temps because we don't have one. Hopefully next year we will get a cover and a reel.

Riles

Ack!! We have been having the WEIRDEST June weather here. :( I was actually cold while outside last night checking the pool water, adding bleach, etc. Yesterday was overcast and 60's-low 70. Today, the sun is just now peaking out and a toasty 63 degrees. :roll: The pool water is COLD...didn't even bother to look at the therm.
(mind you, I'd be loving this weather if we didn't have our pool now because we usually have sweltering summers )......Relief is on the way :wink:.......92-95's :-D forecast starting sunday through next week!! Woohoo!!!
OMG, can NOT believe I'm excited about. :wink: :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.