Pool Store Has Given Up

JamesW - I "might" just take out a sample of water and use some banana peels- just to see- a private experiment. All the articles are very interesting and while not a known, proven process I would be curious to see if there is any change in the water.
ChemGeek- CuLator ordered. :)

Status as of now:
Every screw that was in the pool, stairs, jets, return, has now been replaced. Ladder and light has been removed. Frog mineral pack still out.
I am going to go buy some more Jack's this morning until the CuLator arrives.
Pool still crystal clear and green.

Yesterday's readings:
FC .7
TC 1.1
CC .4
pH 7.5
Hardness 127
Alkalinity 110
CYA 68
Copper .47 :shock:

Hello all, still fight the pool. :)
Mondays readings:
FC .1
TC .1
CC .1
pH 7.5
Hardness 105
Alk 126
CYA 60
Copper .25

As you can see copper is down, but that has happened before. I did put more Jack's in Monday and will get a copper reading today. I wanted to give it a little time to try and work and the CULator will not be here until tomorrow. I know my numbers are a little off but do not want to shock or really add or do much that might react with the copper. Pool is still clear and more bluish green than glowing green.

You need to get some more chlorine in there ASAP! You don't want to get algae while you're trying to deal with everything else, even though the high copper levels may lessen the chance that algae would get started.

guamguy said:
You need to get some more chlorine in there ASAP! You don't want to get algae while you're trying to deal with everything else, even though the high copper levels may lessen the chance that algae would get started.
:-D I did put a small dose of chlorine in Tuesday night after Jacks Magenta had some time to work. I do not want to deal with algae, though like you said with that much copper, highly doubtful.

Wednesday's Readings:
FC .2
TC .3
CC .1
pH 7.5
Hardness 99
Alk 106
CYA 51
Copper .02

As you can see the copper has decreased again. Saturday it was .47 Monday .25 Wednesday .02
At this point would it be advisable to start bringing the chlorine level up to where it should be? I do not want to do anything to adversely effect the copper still in the pool.
Chemgeek the CULator should be in this afternoon. Would you advise going ahead and using it? Or is that too small a reading to be able to tell if the product does work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.