Fafco panels and hose size

Bama Rambler said:
We recommend that you use 2".

Do I need to buy one that is advertised with 2"? Any 2" setup are well over $50 more than the standard 1 1/2" setup. Can I simply buy adapters, since I assume that is what those other kits come with. I doubt the side tubes of the panels themselves are different, or are they? This is the best deal I can find from a store:

http://www.nationaldiscountpoolsupplies ... plabg.html

Unless someone knows of a better place??

If I were to buy that one, I would just buy 2" adapters and hose, right?

(I am going to the pool store to order the pool on Tuesday. Sorry for the dumb question, but what size are all the hoses for the pools?? If the standard is 1 1/2", then I will probably just stick with that for the first summer, especially since I do not plan to use PVC in the near future.

I use 2 of the ones you linked to (Solar Bears) and plumbed in with 1.5", but they are lest than 10ft from the pool and on the ground. The valve is not an issue unless this will be a roof install

dmanb2b said:
I use 2 of the ones you linked to (Solar Bears) and plumbed in with 1.5", but they are lest than 10ft from the pool and on the ground. The valve is not an issue unless this will be a roof install

Ok, so your's doesn't drain when not being used? Mine will be setup beside the pool, not on the roof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.