Coudy pool, new to site

May 28, 2011
H, I hope someone can help me out. I have read over all of the information here on your site, and I have followed closely the chocking process. I started approximately 2 weeks ago with a green swamp of a pool. For a week, I brought my pool to shock level 3 or 4 times a day. The first 2 times with cal hypo, and from then on with 6% bleach. I have ran my filter continuously since this process started. I have a SWG also. My water is definately blue, but very very cloudy. I can only see down to the 2nd rung on the ladder. It has been that way for a week. Here are my test results from this morning.

TC 5.5
FC 5.0
CC 0.5
pH 7.2
TA 110
CH 170
CY 10-15

I added solid stabilizer 10 days ago. I am going to buy more today. My pool is AG, 17700 galloons, sand filter, 1 HP pump, with a SWG.
Also of note, it has rained a lot this month, so much my pool overflowed and I have had to waste some water. I have backwashed my filter several times, and my PSI on the filter is now remaining steady.
Thanks.

When you say "swamp".........have you made sure you've removed as much gunk as possible from the bottom to start? Twigs, leaves and such. All I can suggest is that you try and hold your FC to 10..whcih would be a couple of points higher than required if your CYA is 15. CYA test has a margin of error. Don't add stabilizer above 30 at this point, and shock it for that level. See the Chlorine/CYA chart in pool school. Go on the high side and have patience. You're on the right track. Welcome.............and it's YOUR site too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.