My New Pool Test Results

Oct 15, 2010
Haven't been able to buy the testing kit yet, but have been using a local pool store that is actually quite good and doesn't recommend purchasing things you don't need. I do plan to buy the testing kit though.

Here were the results I got today:

FC 3.4
TC 3.8
CC 0.4
PH 7.8
CH 300
Alkalinity 80
CYA 35
Salt 2600

My pool is 15300 gallons. They recommended only to reduce ph levels and add salt. I still had some ph reducer left and it instructs to add 640g of PH reducer in 3 equal treatments (640/3) spread out by 8 hoursand to add 1 bag of salt (52lbs)

Any thoughts or feedback? They did say chlorine was too high so I lowered my chlorinator percentage to 25% until it gets to more normalized levels.

Thanks

Adding a little salt is obviously a good idea, and lowering PH is fine though there is no rush on that.

With a SWG I would raise CYA to between 70 and 80. That will allow the SWG to run significantly less, increasing it's lifetime. That will also reduce the PH drift you are no doubt experiencing. Hayward recommends CYA be at 80.

If that CC level is correct, which I kind of doubt, it indicates a relatively minor problem of some kind. Very few of the tests that report FC and TC to tenths are actually any where near precise enough to have the tenths mean anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.