Jul 27, 2010
Ashland, KY
Using the BBB method. This is the best method I have found. Use allot of chlorine. Ph in check @ 110 alkalinity. Then PH goes high?? Off scale. It took 1 gallon of muriatic acid to bring ph down to 7.4. It dropped my alkalinity to 60. Had trouble at the end of summer controlling high ph. How do you keep ph down and alkalinity up? Using chlorine tabs to get my cya up.

Chlroine tabs are very acidic and normally key the PH down all by themselves. If you are still having problems keeping PH down even with chlorine tablets, you should try running with a lower TA level. TA is normally kept high with chlorine tabs specifically to keep the PH from falling, if you don't have that problem, you don't need to keep TA as high.

Terry, you mention using a lot of chlorine. Is that a daily statement (eg more than 2-3ppm per day) or are you in the process of shocking? If you can post a full set of test results and perhaps describe your issue in a bit more detail, we'd be glad to assist :goodjob:

Open pool, 20 gallons of bleach later, raised ph and alkalinity with baking soda. 7.4 110 alkalinity. One week later ph went off scale. 1 gallon of muriatic acid to bring ph down to 7.4 alkalinity 60. Using 4 big tab at a time now to raise cya. The bleach must be raising ph. Readings are in signature

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.