Apr 2, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Couple questions, actually.

I have 3 way jandy valves to go from pool mode from spa mode. Spa is draining slightly at night into pool. If I have the valve set just right I can keep it from draining, mostly. There is no check valve.

1. Is the 3 way valve supposed to be completely watertight when off?

2. if so, can the square gate gasket be replaced (it looked a little crusty to me), or do you have to replace the entire mechanism? A search of google didn’t turn up any gaskets for me.

thanks all!

N,

it is odd that you do not have a check valve... Show us some pics of your equipment pad, showing all of your Jandy valves and where they go.

To directly answer your question.. They sell rebuild kits for Jandy valves and yes, they should hold water.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

it is odd that you do not have a check valve... Show us some pics of your equipment pad, showing all of your Jandy valves and where they go.

To directly answer your question.. They sell rebuild kits for Jandy valves and yes, they should hold water.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim!
Here are photos of the whole setup plus closer photos of inlet and pressure side.
It is strange that there is no check valve on the drain side. There is one on the valve going to the waterfall outlet for the spa spillover.

Attachments

• 9E33127D-F952-4168-95C5-5AB8563F2971.jpeg
    9E33127D-F952-4168-95C5-5AB8563F2971.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 13
  • E8A43695-2613-477B-B944-CBC445A4F4D4.jpeg
    E8A43695-2613-477B-B944-CBC445A4F4D4.jpeg
    516.6 KB · Views: 13
  • A648453E-D76C-4E89-86AA-21B9129326B5.jpeg
    A648453E-D76C-4E89-86AA-21B9129326B5.jpeg
    648.6 KB · Views: 13
N,

The check valve on the spa spillover line is the one I was looking for.. It is the one that most often is the cause for spas draining back into the pool when the pump is off.

But if the spillover line also has a manual flow control valve, that can be shut off, you can eliminate the check valve as the problem by just shutting off the spillover at night as a test.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

The check valve on the spa spillover line is the one I was looking for.. It is the one that most often is the cause for spas draining back into the pool when the pump is off.

But if the spillover line also has a manual flow control valve, that can be shut off, you can eliminate the check valve as the problem by just shutting off the spillover at night as a test.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ah, interesting. I think that the spillover valve is leaky, and the check valve as well, because it was off when they put the new spillover in, and it still kept feeding in a small amount of water. Sounds like I have to replace that check valve, at least, and probably the gate valve on the 3 way on the drain side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.