3 different pipe sizes

rsg123

Dec 20, 2020
California
I bought a Fitmax iPool 3 because it’s difficult to find someone to install a built in pool nowadays and we needed something sooner. The pool has a 1” inlet and outlet. The Intex filter/salt water generator is 1.5”, and the Balboa water heater is 2”. What kind of converters should I be looking for?

Reactions: aroadmapmaker
They sell adapters to make the intex connections fit normal above ground hoses & smaller 9BE4B022-5183-439A-BA6C-DD349CB3BF9E.png

then you would just need some pvc reducers from the hardware store to adapt your heater. & maybe some barbed fittings to connect to the hoses. 1562AFE1-3574-4A41-AAE7-55D7D58EB934.jpeg

Reactions: rsg123
I believe you’re swg is supposed to be last in line as the water returns to the pool so i’m not sure how u can accomplish that w/a swg/pump combo & a heater. A work around may be to only run the heater when the swg is not running to prevent premature corrosion.

Reactions: rsg123
I believe you’re swg is supposed to be last in line as the water returns to the pool so i’m not sure how u can accomplish that w/a swg/pump combo & a heater. A work around may be to only run the heater when the swg is not running to prevent premature corrosion.

It should be ok with heater and SWG running. I doubt the chlorinated water running through the heater from the SWG is more then SLAM high FC level. An Intex SWG does not put out a lot of chlorine.

The SWG is a combo with the pump. The heater needs to be run alongside the pump. I will definitely put the SWG last in line before the pool inlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.