3" chlorine tabs without CYA

Re: 3" chlorine tabs without CYA

Idea:
What is the strongest liquid chlorine you can get? (12.5 best I got) if you could find some 30+ you poor in to a 1L bottle pick it 1-10 (or what ever works) times with a needle and then drop it in the chlorinator.

Bam! Matenence free for 3 days. I need to do this. Otw to see what will fit in my chlorinator :)

- - - Updated - - -

Better yet I could rig a detergent feeder from an old pressure washer in to the plumbing.

Lots of TFP users have a dosing system of some type to automate chlorine delivery. A reservoir for your bleach, a dosing pump, some simple plumbing and a timer will do the job. Still won't excuse you from testing, brushing and cleaning out the skimmer baskets. 3 days without maintenance could create yourself some problems.

stevenmverrill, they make a liquid chlorinator that you can buy and many people make their own using a steinner peristaltic pump. But you could also make a venturi setup that uses the pressure in the return line to suck the chlorine into the pool making an expensive peristaltic pump unnecessary. I've been thinking of making up a venturi setup myself but haven't jumped into a build yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.