2nd time planning

Atgresch

Jul 16, 2020
Wisconsin
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, learning so much in pool school. Reading and rereading. I am in WI. I have a small 10ft pool that I put away and was ready to give up all together. I realize now that I likely had skyrocketing cya levels which is why I could never register a chlorine level, even after shocking, which led me to the giving up part. I am ready to restart this year, trying again with the small 10 ft before I invest in a bigger pool. My concern is this...we go camping most weekends in the summer, 3 days max. How am I going to maintain chlorine levels while I am gone? I was planning on maintaining a 40-50 max cya this time. Someday I'll go SWG but that is not now, not with this tiny pool. I did read the article about small pool set up. Thank you in advance.

One suggestion would be to bring your FC up to SLAM level before your trips. But, I'm not sure your FC would stay above minimum for 3 days in summer. You could experiment with it before your trips and see how long the FC can hold out. If you have a cover that will reduce your FC loss.

Another strategy would be to use a chlorine tablet floater. The tabs will add either CYA or calcium to your water, but if it's just for a few days they won't add much. You just don't want to use tabs as your sole source of chlorine for long periods, unless you are willing to exchange water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.