Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rooftop Pool Builder

1. Back To Top    #1

Rooftop Pool Builder

This may seem like a strange question to ask here but the number of people with varied pool knowledge never ceases to surprise me.

I need a pool builder to do a 6th floor rooftop pool on an upscale resort type project.

Does anyone know someone they would recommend?
    Keep in mind that this is a very large commercial project and as such the pool builder would need to be experienced in like projects.
    10,000 Gal. - Plaster – I.G. - Sand Filter – NOT USING MY Auto Puck Chlorinator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Rooftop Pools

You might try taking out an ad in pool industry trade magazines. My (limited) understanding of these projects is that the pool weight must be considered in the design of the structure... meaning adding a rooftop pool to an existing building would be very difficult. I recently read an article about roof top pools, I will try to find it. Feel free to call me at 832.593.6299 Best of luck.

Bill

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rooftop Pools

Quote Originally Posted by CabanaBoy
    You might try taking out an ad in pool industry trade magazines. My (limited) understanding of these projects is that the pool weight must be considered in the design of the structure... meaning adding a rooftop pool to an existing building would be very difficult. I recently read an article about roof top pools, I will try to find it. Feel free to call me at 832.593.6299 Best of luck.

Bill
    water weighs about 8.3lbs per gallon thus an average 40k pool would weigh 333,715 lbs! or 166.85 tons! and That's without the concrete!
    35,000 gallon 800 Sq. foot gunite, 50 x 22 freeform. 2 sheer Descent waterfalls from 2 foot raised beam wall, Jandy heater, Polaris 280, 2 H.P. pump, DE 60 filter, Nature2, 2 Jandy color lights, 1000 Sq foot of Stamped concrete.

Master Spa LS850