New to site

SteveM

Apr 23, 2011
New member from arizona, building my own bbq island here is what im working on any comments or questions are appreciated. been looking for a site this like for a while now

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 276
  • neww.jpg
    neww.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 276
can anyone help me with a question i have?? i notice people put that trex stuff under but also my ground aint level that it sits on so i just been building it with the slope and adjusting it on the slope side to make it level by making the stud longer on that side, is that ok or not the right way of doing it??? people help

There are tradeoffs. The best thing to do is to use leveling feet to level the frame and then make everything on the frame square. That makes everything easier to measure and the panels to cover the frame easier to cut. The counter point is that if the ground isn't level it will look nicer if the panels are a uniform height off the ground, ie if the bottom of the panels are not level. As long as you are careful to keep the counter level and the verticals vertical I don't suppose it makes that much difference.

Definitely put trex or some other material under your frame if you are going directly on concrete. I made the same mistake, I framed mine and realized the importance of the barrier after. I ended up buying 1/2" trex plank and slipping it under the frame, then I anchored the framing and the trex to the concrete. When I finished I also installed the left over trex board across the base so the entire Que has a nice clean floor instead of concrete. It gave the inside a nice finish.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.