Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summersatthelake Pool Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Summersatthelake Pool Build

Been lurking for awhile but thought it was time to jump in. Shotcrete is going in starting tomorrow morning (NO RAIN TONIGHT!!) at 8:00 and I have a live web cam if anyone wants to view the progress. Here is a link to the camera:
    http://24.182.136.174/

I do have a PB to do most of the pool and decking but I did all of the retaining walls and excavating. I will probably only have the camera pointing towards the pool for a couple of days and then move it back towards the lake but will start another thread and update pictures at various stages.

<a></a>
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    well go out and wave "hi" to everyone.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    well go out and wave "hi" to everyone.
    Can't go out now 'cause the new Survivor series just started.

BTW--when it gets dark you can't see much on the camera.
    Buggs

Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    The pump plugged up and then broke down right at the start so no pool shell to day
    Buggs

5. Back To Top    #5

SATL,

It looks like a great pool but I think it would have been an ideal location for an infinite edge pool.

Keep us posted.

Kevin
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

6. Back To Top    #6

It's going to be so nice! Gee, it even looks nice before the shotcrete. You do nice neat work.
    Buggs

7. Back To Top    #7

Got Er Done!!!

Shotcrete today after a couple of delays--the PB and his crew really worked their butts off today and it looks great
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (70.6 KB, 838 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (74.8 KB, 837 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (66.0 KB, 836 views)
    Buggs

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks awesome. Who is your PB?
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

9. Back To Top    #9
    Free Form Pools out of St. Louis--the PB has built over 1500 pools there and is starting a division in my area and so I am the first pool here
    <a></a>
    <a></a>
    <a></a>
    <a></a>
    <a></a>
    <a></a>
    Buggs

10. Back To Top    #10

Looks like it is coming along nicely! Keep the pics coming!
    Jim

--------------------------------------
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 32'x 27' Freeform in tiered yard. 16'X4'X4' Moss Rock waterfall, Tanning Ledge w/3 bubblers, Gas Fire pit w/scupper, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen, 18" raised spa. w/6 Waterway therapy jets on upper tier w/40" Moss Rock spillover, Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160 (Pool/Spa), Pentair 2HP Whisperflo(water features), MasterTemp 400BTU, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/booster

11. Back To Top    #11

More pic's

Got the lower deck poured today--Miracote will go on in the spring--stone steps are next and then the upper deck.

Buggs

12. Back To Top    #12

Fantastic. What a beautiful view of the lake. Keep the pics coming.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

13. Back To Top    #13
    Here are a couple more pictures. The weather yesterday was 80 degrees and in the mid 60's this morning--looks like we might get a couple of days of rain but I hope my PB can keep working on the stone steps. The last photo is of the resort across the lake.

Buggs

14. Back To Top    #14

Awesome. The steps are looking great too. I bet that bobcat driver is very careful. One wrong move and it turns into a submarine. Is that Four Seasons or Tan-Tara?
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-

15. Back To Top    #15
    That is Four Seasons--I have a GREAT view of the fireworks. The bobcat owner is me most of the time. I purchased it and was responsible for removing the dirt from the pool dig and doing the final grading and landscaping. The steel tracks make it a piece of cake for climbing the hill.
    Buggs

16. Back To Top    #16
    Got a little more progess. It was almost 80 degrees today (high of 47 tomorrow) and my wife and I took a boat ride and got a photo from the water.

Buggs

17. Back To Top    #17
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

Holy ****!

Is that a summer home?

18. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pooladdict
    Holy ****!

Is that a summer home?
    Nope--My family and I are "full timers". Many of my neighbors are part timers and use their homes mainly in the summer.
    Buggs

19. Back To Top    #19

WOW!!! Your house is gorgeous!!!!!! Absolutely....breathtaking. Can I come for a visit ????? The pool looks awsome too. I really like all the stone work. Very nice....I'm jealous.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

20. Back To Top    #20

Few More Pic's

My PB got the steps and stone cap finished on Friday and it looks like he is just about to the point of waiting until spring to install all the pentair products, miracote, and pebbletec--that will be just fine with me as the warranty (and payment) doesn't start until completion and I have LOTS of hardscaping/landscaping to get accomplished by then. My plan is to stucco the concrete retaining walls kind of a neutral color.

Buggs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast