Hockey Season is upon us

Marillion Fan said:
MikeInTN said:
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Go Pens!!!

Nah...Ovie >> Sid. Of course, I can be bribed to pull for another team... :wink: Just as long as the EC beats whatever bunch of wanks that come out of the WC this year, I'll be happy.

I can accept that..... but Malikn >>>>>>> Ovenchicken.... At least this season. :wink:[/quote]

Only if you're looking at it through flightless water bird tinted glasses. :wink: For your sake, I hope Eugene shows up for the playoffs this year.

Dang...not even a hint of a bribe to pull for the Pens....C'mon! Step up and get yourself a rent-a-fan! :goodjob:[/quote]
We are gonna take filthy outta the playoffs......... does that rent your allegiance?[/quote]

Not yet. Ovie and the Caps are still in it. Now if it gets down to the Pens and say the Rags, I'm all Pens all the time!

spishex said:
I don't watch a lot of hockey but that winning shot for the canes last night was like watching a movie. Too bad they have to keep coughing up leads and making it exciting.
OMG! I'm a season ticket holder and have playoff tickets, was there last night thinking, "I hope it's over quickly in OT". Next thing I knew I was spilling beer all over the place. What a game! Now it's 2 out of 3, and a pivotal game 5.

Our last playoff run in '06 we were dubbed the Cardiac Canes. Would inevitably crank it up and come from behind in the 3rd. Either way is tachycardic.

Well, 2 good outcomes thus far.

1) Bertuzzi is officially out of the playoffs again. Hockey gods are unforgiving.

2) The Ducks will play the Redwings. I don't care that the Wings are rested. I only hope they can match the physical play of the Ducks. If not, they will be handed their Rear on a platter.

And I am a proud member of the "I hate Pronger" Fan Club.

And my fav photo currently.
Brodeur_personal_crease.jpg

Go Canes!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
May chime in with some world cup hockey!
The way the Russians played the first period against USA is best I have seen since Makarov Larionov Kasatonov Krutov and Fetisov played back in the good 80's. Incredible!!!

jabsaw said:
[center:2yq4mfvi]GO DUCKS!!![/center:2yq4mfvi]

Whoop! Whoop! The cup is heading to Anaheim for a repeat visit...I can feel it! :goodjob:

Anyone but Pronger, please. Wings may have something to say about that, as their play dictated the last game. If they continue to play that way, Ducks don't stand a chance. And then, the young Chicago team has owned the Wings the last 2 years. Should be exciting.

Bruins will be out, and Pens will hopefully wipe the smirk off Ovenchicken's face and kill that celebration. Then the ECF will be about which kid (Eric or Jordan) Dad likes most. Get those old commercials out of storage!

So, Go Canes!!!!

19redwings said:
Tal about double standards in the league. AO wasn't suspended for that deliberate knee on knee hit?!?! Gary doesn't want to mess with a "superstar". Hope they go down hard now.
You got it, he only got 2 min for it also. He is taking runs at players, in my opinion, to injure them, not take them out of the play.
Small revenge last night, former Cap Matt Cooke took him into the boards, not hard enough but it was a small victory.
Not sure if Gonchar will be back anytime soon.

ivyleager said:
jabsaw said:
[center:1xnn3j6m]GO DUCKS!!![/center:1xnn3j6m]

Whoop! Whoop! The cup is heading to Anaheim for a repeat visit...I can feel it! :goodjob:

Anyone but Pronger, please. Wings may have something to say about that, as their play dictated the last game. If they continue to play that way, Ducks don't stand a chance. And then, the young Chicago team has owned the Wings the last 2 years. Should be exciting.

Bruins will be out, and Pens will hopefully wipe the smirk off Ovenchicken's face and kill that celebration. Then the ECF will be about which kid (Eric or Jordan) Dad likes most. Get those old commercials out of storage!

So, Go Canes!!!!
Ovenchicken is playin Golf for the rest of the summer. :-D

Go Canes....... I want home ice for the final. :lol:

About the only good thing I can say about the four teams left is..at least none of them are Canadian...which just galls our neighbors to the north to no end! :lol:

Meh..I'll go with the Chicken Hawks over the Dead Things, Puffins over the Thunderstorms, Chicken Hawks over the Puffins in 6 in the finals.

On a bright note, the DW and I renewed our partial season tickets tonight, changed our seats, and are sitting 7 rows from the ice next year.. :mrgreen: :goodjob: Go Preds!!

Are we seeing the crappiest officiating EVER?

Getzlaff gets called for touching a wing with his stick!? But, it is ok for Pronger to wrap both arms around a guy, pick him up and throw him to the ground?

Announcer: " Well, it looks like they are calling stick infractions, but as long as you are physical, that is ok"???

Give me a break.

Should make for exciting games both EC and WC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.