Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: loop-loc install

1. Back To Top    #1

loop-loc install

Love my new pool (viking 16x35 fiberglass) and now it's time to close for the winter. Investigating safety cover installs. My Pb wants $2400 to install a cover. Is that reasonable? Seems like a lot.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater/Zodiac LM2-24S SWG
    Aquabot Turbo Robot Cleaner
    250K NG Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    If a standard rectangular cover will work, you would have to go with the 16x36 and have enough deck space around the pool to hold the (small) extra overlap and anchors, then that price is way too high. If you are having it custom cut to fit the pool exactly then that is alright for original loop-loc and very good for ultra-loc.

For comparison you can look at the Hydro Pool & Spa prices without installation.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I paid $1200 for my custom-sized Loop-Loc. Installed it myself in about half a Saturday and a few evenings after work. Installation expense was the cost of one 3/4" hammer drill bit at about $40, and a couple-hundred feet of poly rope to hold the cover over the water while I laid out the anchor positions. No spa or raised beam etc., and the deck was flat all around.

I bought mine through poolcenter.com as it was about the cheapest I found. Really friendly to deal with.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat