Is there moss on your slide?

Simbilis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
I really want an SR Smith Turbo Twister - for the kids, you understand. Nothing I'd ever use. The kids are forcing me. Anyway, two local builders have told me that they often remove them after a year or two because they get boring very quickly. A reference I talked to actually had that done.

So, do you have a slide? Which one? How long have you had it, and does it get used?

Thanks!

Sim

Well I don't have one and don't want one. Besides one more thing to keep up with maintenance wise and get in the way of the safety cover I never really used them much when they were avail.
Growing up my friends had slides on their pools and we would always be gung-ho to get on it the first time we went swimming for the season...then never touch it again for the rest of the year.
You may enjoy it more, but I can understand the getting boring aspect pretty well.
Seems like three grand could go to better use, but that is just my opinion.

We have a slide, it gets used as described above...every new person coming into the pool is gung-ho to try it then it never gets used again. I am planning on removing it for a sun bench/baja step when I redo my liner. It kind of like the 3 ft shallow end, its too shallow for anyone over 5 years old and too deep for an adult to sit so it never gets used...I plan on making a section of our 3' shallow end 2' deep for sitting on and lounging.

You would need a pretty big slide to hold a kids attention for any length of time and a separate pump to feed it enough water to make it fun, my recommendation is get a sun bench or a water feature...you will use it more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.