Is there moss on your slide?

Simbilis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
I really want an SR Smith Turbo Twister - for the kids, you understand. Nothing I'd ever use. The kids are forcing me. Anyway, two local builders have told me that they often remove them after a year or two because they get boring very quickly. A reference I talked to actually had that done.

So, do you have a slide? Which one? How long have you had it, and does it get used?

Thanks!

Sim

danbutter

May 3, 2009
Well I don't have one and don't want one. Besides one more thing to keep up with maintenance wise and get in the way of the safety cover I never really used them much when they were avail.
Growing up my friends had slides on their pools and we would always be gung-ho to get on it the first time we went swimming for the season...then never touch it again for the rest of the year.
You may enjoy it more, but I can understand the getting boring aspect pretty well.
Seems like three grand could go to better use, but that is just my opinion.

4JawChuck

Jun 13, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
We have a slide, it gets used as described above...every new person coming into the pool is gung-ho to try it then it never gets used again. I am planning on removing it for a sun bench/baja step when I redo my liner. It kind of like the 3 ft shallow end, its too shallow for anyone over 5 years old and too deep for an adult to sit so it never gets used...I plan on making a section of our 3' shallow end 2' deep for sitting on and lounging.

You would need a pretty big slide to hold a kids attention for any length of time and a separate pump to feed it enough water to make it fun, my recommendation is get a sun bench or a water feature...you will use it more.

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
I have one and LOVE it! My grandkids use it most, but Grammy likes to use it, too. Have had it and been using it for the past four years now and have no plans to ever remove it.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
M Everything Else 1
B Everything Else 3
lafonte98 Everything Else 13

Other Threads of Interest