Alright this maybe a stupid question but here goes. If we maintain our chemicals at the proper levels and scrub once a week, is there any reason to shock?
My Combined Chlorine has never exceeded .5 yet. I had my pool open for over two months now and only shocked once. I shocked, in conjunction with extra scrubbing, this one time only because the liner felt a little slimy. Other than that, I never saw any reason to do it. Am I missing something?
Some of my veteran pool friends & family shock once every one to two weeks. As I do not entirely trust my veteran pool friends and family I figured I would post this question. When I ask these seasoned vets why, they cannot provide a plausible response other than, I've never had a problem with my water and because thats what other people & pool stores told them to do. Never a true reason to do it.
It's interesting how little some veterans know.....my veterans seem to have a cattle mentality!