Anyone using mas985s drip feeder for chlorine successfully?

Thought I was on the right track, but when I checked this morning the level hadn't budged, again. Scratching my head, I pulled the cap off and looked inside. The vinyl tubing, where it had been nestled nicely down on the bottom was now floating and sucking air :(

I closed the valve and will get a piece of PVC to put the hose in to keep in straight up and down and at the bottom of the jug. Too bad I'm not getting paid by the hour to try to get this thing to work.

I'm having a heck of a time. Finally gave up over the weekend as I was busy. Just not enough fine control to go from none to too much, and can't repeat it when I think I have it.

Hopefully bama will report good luck soon :)

Well, there's bad news and there's good news. The bad news is they sent the wrong valve. It's a quarter turn Hayward valve insead of the needle valve. The good news is that they refunded all my money and I get to keep the valve.

So now I'm on the hunt for the correct valve. I'll keep you posted.

Bama Rambler said:
Well, there's bad news and there's good news. The bad news is they sent the wrong valve. It's a quarter turn Hayward valve insead of the needle valve. The good news is that they refunded all my money and I get to keep the valve.

So now I'm on the hunt for the correct valve. I'll keep you posted.

:(

I may have discovered some of my problems last night. The water in my pump was a bit low, so I switched to high to restore full flow. When I did, I almost lost prime, and noticed that even with the valve off, their was suction in the hose ahead of the valve. It's drawing air around one of the four press fit barb connections on the pump fitting, two ends of the check valve or the barb fitting on the valve. That would explain the low water in the pump, as well as possibly the loss of suction when I get the dialed just cracked open since it's probably easier for it to suck air than bleach.

I think the weak link might be the check valve. It's a tapered barb so I can't get the hose fully seated as much as I'd like. I'll bypass it and hopefully that will solve the problem.

You're probably right. Any air leaks and it'll greatly affect your flow.

Goods news again. I ordered another valve. It's a few dollars more but it's supposed to be here Friday. And they gauranteed me there were plenty in stock and it would ship out today.

Got the valve Thursday and installed it this morning.

Preliminary test is in and the prognosis looks good. The adjustability of this valve is great. Right now I have replaced the quarter turn valve in the outlet of my LQ (liquidator) and it will adjust the flow down to where the float in the flow meter is barely moving off the seat (It just kind of wiggles a little on the seat). I also didn't lose any top end flow. The adjustability is very smooth at the lower end all the way to zero flow.

Later today I'm going to add a piece of tubing to the valve and insert it in a measuring cup of 6% bleach and see how low I can adjust it. I'm thinking I can get it down very low.

Just for comparison info, my suction pressure is -4.5" of Hg and my filter pressure is 11psi. This was taken with a .½% accurate filled gauge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got it from Drillspot (grainger really) $38 & change + free shipping.

Don't swipe that credit card just yet. Rumor has it that the ebay place is going to send me one free to replace the quarter turn they mistakenly sent. If they do I'll send it to you.

Bama Rambler said:
Got it from Drillspot (grainger really) $38 & change + free shipping.

Don't swipe that credit card just yet. Rumor has it that the ebay place is going to send me one free to replace the quarter turn they mistakenly sent. If they do I'll send it to you.

As a cheap bas, er frugal person, I have no problem waiting :)

Second test is done and the news is still very good. I made a video of the flow out of a measured cup of 6% Bleach.

Warning; don't click the video unless you like seeing paint dry! :mrgreen:

This is very low flow. I still have a half turn or so left on the valve. It's adjusts very easily to this flow. Not having to fiddle with it to get the flow adjusted.

Very nice, I watched the entire clip :)

Any measurement on how many oz per hour? Definitely looks promising, and I'm very interested should you get the other valve.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. This could definitely be the answer to the poor man's liquidator :)

I didn't post the flow earlier because I was still testing. It worked out to about 3oz per hour flow. I could have gone less without much problem but the video would have been really interesting to watch.

I adjusted it to where you really had to watch a long time to see the flow drip in the air bubble.

I am pleased by how easy it is to adjust the flow. It's very linear and moving it a partial turn results in a predictable change.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.