24 Foot Embassy Steel pool installed today and frame is bent at the bottom (pics)

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well that stinks. I would be concerned for two reason. One, the crease is a potential weak spot in the shell, and with all that water weight down there it's not good. The other is an increased potential for rust if that crease lifted the paint. But let's request additional opinions from @zea3 or @Casey who know their AGPs quite well. Good luck!

Reactions: Williamsfam2
Thank you! I texted the construction contact i had from the installation and they wrote back "That's fine should push out when full" BUT I don't think I'm buying that. it's a crease, not a dent, in STEEL not the liner. Hopefully I'm wrong but i feel concerned.

Where is that spot in regards to the orientation of the pool ? Is it in a spot that you will look at all the time ? I would want that rustolium-ed if it was my pool, but that would look like crud so then I’d have to fancy up the line of sight in that area with a row of bricks or something. Maybe with a kidney shaped flower garden.

That is a pretty significant crease. It looks like there may be a high spot or the wall is out of the track. Pull back the dirt and see if the wall is in the bottom track, because it doesn't look like the wall is very round in that section, the curve looks off. If the wall is out of track they need to come back and fix it. If this is a high spot then they need to come back and relevel the pool, as it will continue to have downward pressure on the wall. Does the pool have an overlap liner? If so it may be that there is not enough slack in that section and the liner cannot stretch and the weight of the water is pulling down on the wall. They would also need to come out to fix that. Do not put in any more water until you know what you are dealing with.
@kimkats any other opinions?

Last edited:
That is a pretty significant crease. It looks like there may be a high spot or the wall is out of the track. Pull back the dirt and see if the wall is in the bottom track, because it doesn't look like the wall is very round in that section, the curve looks off. If the wall is out of track they need to come back and fix it. If this is a high spot then they need to come back and relevel the pool, as it will continue to have downward pressure on the wall. Does the pool have an overlap liner? If so it may be that there is not enough slack in that section and the liner cannot stretch and the weight of the water is pulling down on the wall. They would also need to come out to fix that. Do not put in any more water until you know what you are dealing with.
it is an overlap liner. Going out there to move the dirt away and turn the water back off now :) I started it back up this morning

This is it now, it’s filled a bit more, ive had 2 hoses going for about 4 hours now. Looks to be in the groove?

Attachments

• 9C5AA438-6B4E-4282-9747-6416FC8E7008.jpeg
    9C5AA438-6B4E-4282-9747-6416FC8E7008.jpeg
    644.3 KB · Views: 40
  • B26E96FA-55D0-46CC-BACF-F25CCAE54257.jpeg
    B26E96FA-55D0-46CC-BACF-F25CCAE54257.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 37D9E1D0-C7EF-462E-9BE3-655AB86CEA71.jpeg
    37D9E1D0-C7EF-462E-9BE3-655AB86CEA71.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 41

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello and Welcome to TFP!
I wish it was under better circumstances. I’m going to “ NOPE!!! , that’s not gonna fly” until a new wall is brought out. You paid for a well installed pool by a professional pool installer. That crease will likely flake paint and rust sooner than it should. It’s like buying a new car and delivered with a bent fender. If it was me, I wouldn’t settle unless they refunded the cost of a new wall plus some for the trouble.
My liner leaked the day they installed it. I politely insisted that it was replaced ASAP. Fortunately my pool company/ installer was the same company and agreed.

I’m going to “ NOPE!!! , that’s not gonna fly” until a new wall is brought out. You paid for a well installed pool by a professional pool installer.
Upon further reflection, I wish to change my thoughts and apologize for said thoughts. @Teald024 could not be more right above me. This is your hard earned money that they dented. @$#% them if they think its OK. If its on a credit card you can dispute it until it is to your liking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.