Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Global Announcements

1. Back To Top    #1

Global Announcements

Is it my imagination, or did all of those global annoucements just appear today or have they always been there and I just now noticed? Also, to me it seemed to happen when there was a new forum put up by Sean called "pool news" and then it disappeared...........wait a minute, did I forget to take my medication today?
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2
    You are half right.

The Global Announcements have always been there. They show up across all forums and are for information I want everyone to see.

I did create that new forum but then started doing a search myself for pools in the news. Most of what I found was links to garbage sites or stories of children drowning so I decided against keeping that area. It was up for all of about 10 minutes.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Doh! Now I see what you mean. The posts are up multiple times - let me see what's going on.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    I already deleted a few of them. The clutter was getting to be a bit much.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Jason, were they successfully deleted? I'm doing the same, but they do not seem to be going anywhere.
    TFP Founder

6. Back To Top    #6
    They deleted just fine, and I have seen them going away from your deletions. There are only two left that I can see.
    ((EDIT))I have now deleted all the posts about the day with posting problems and they are indeed gone.((/EDIT))
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7
    Seems to be OK now. I'm not sure why those were dredged up. I ran the database repair function so hopefully it won't happen again.
    TFP Founder