Other forums as helpful as this?

I used to go to GardenWeb for advice. They do have regional subtopics that helps a lot but then a lot of stuff is not regional and so the advice is harder to find. It was not a place to hang out in like this one can be.

PA has some very serious gardeners... I'll bet there are a lot of regional forums you can find.

You might also see if there is a Master Gardeners Program offered through the local county extension service. They ought to have volunteers on hand to answer phone questions and some of them can point you in the right direction.

TFP is a smaller subject and has a more cohesive group I think.

I'm curious if anyone else has any forums (regardless of topic) that are anywhere near as helpful as this place is.

I know gamblingtherapy.org is great for anyone struggling with a gambling problem (it's not my problem, but a dear friend's). And stackoverflow.com is great for computer programming issues.

DIYsecurity.com for home or business alarm systems is a lot like this forum. Gets VERY technical when the professionals get to talking about codes and such but they are really helpful for the DIYer or even the guy who wants help deciding what sort of equipment to have installed by a local company.

SparkPeople.com for dieting and exercise (excellent calorie counting methods)

PlantedTank.net for fish keeping with live plants (quite the science project... chemicals and high powered lights and exotic plants and fabulous fish)

I'm a mod on a Jeepster page (http://jeepstercommandoclub.com), and I spend about as much time there as I do here :shock: There are a great bunch of folks there, just like here; always willing to help. I can't believe there are many sites like this one (or the others mentioned) out there though. Just ain't the norm!

simicrintz said:
I can't believe there are many sites like this one (or the others mentioned) out there though. Just ain't the norm!

That requires that the owner and moderators of the forum set the tone and correct ANYONE who starts to get nasty as well as banning spammers and frauds. It is all to easy to let a few smart-alec remarks change the tone of a forum and it can be hard to get it all back under control when nice people leave and the fighters remain because they are having such fun -- I've seen that all too many times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.