When do I add a chlorine caartridge?

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I do not have my own test kit yet so I have to keep running to pool store. I opened a pool that was unused for two years. I have gotten the water balanced and am now working on getting rid of the dead algae/looks like a snowglobe, in my pool. At what point do I put in a chlorine cartridge that attatches to my filter?

sorry.....new to this pool thing.......I have the chlorine cartridges that come with clorine already in in and you replace when it is empty. the pool store told me not to put one in because my pool wasnt ready, and that it would use it very quickly. when is it considered ready? does that make more sense?

Tell us what you mean by a chlorine "cartridge". Are you talking about the round white solid pucks themselves, a plastic floater you put them in the pool with, or an inline chlorinator (plumbed into the pumping system) which is adjustable for rate of flow that contains the pucks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.