Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got started!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally got started!!

We signed in June and they have started!! So far the PB has been very nice and easy to work with. Its going to be a 18'X41' pool, mountain pond shape, 3' to 8'.

We hit water at 6' and had to well point
    **** hath no fury like a HURRICANE!!!!
    33,000 gal. inground vinyl pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Congrats on the new pool! it's looking great

welcome to the forum too

what's in the strawberry pot?

welcome,
    dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Hayward cartridge filter and IntelliFlo VS pump.
    Solar Heat coming ; used to own Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats on getting started. Welcome to the group!

May you have continued good luck with your PB.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome! I know you're excited. Keep us posted.

Dave
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    Dig day is like Christmas for adults.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

6. Back To Top    #6
    Congrats on your build...the next several week will promise to be exciting, stressful and rewarding. Enjoy your build and document it for memories. Good luck and welcome to the group.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

7. Back To Top    #7

You know things are going so fast....they started last Thursday and they already have the hole dug, walls up, lights in, stairs in, cement around wall and backfilled, and part of the plumbing done!!!! Because of water they also had to well point and then the slope was so soft they had to haul in rocks for the deep end to stablize the dirt.
    I dont have anything in the strawberry pots althought my intentions were good.....I just never got there Tagprod, you are right only this "Christmas" its All About Me... thanks for the warm welcome all....Tina

8. Back To Top    #8

by the way...she is already enjoying the mud....

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey... I got two of those things that dig in the mud as well, what a mess they are. Construction is much different down there with the soft dirt and high water table. Must have taken this quite a bit of time just to excavate. good luck with the rest of the build.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

10. Back To Top    #10

Update!! We are now filling with water...part way anyway. They will be back tomorrow and fill the rest of the way after they cut out for lights and all. Now we wait till the electrician gets here. It has only been 5 actual working days for these guys and they have been rocking!!!! Tina

11. Back To Top    #11
    What a nice pool! Your dog pals will love it!

Anna
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice!!! And I love your "log" house.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

13. Back To Top    #13
    They are really moving on your build! Hope they keep it up! I like the look of your liner, pretty dogs also!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks ...Andiejj, we built the log home ourselves and absolutely love it!
    Ktdave, the liner was the hardest thing to pick out, didnt want to make a mistake with that.
    AnnaK, I sure hope the dogs dont get in, I worry about their nails and the liner. Maybe they will stay
    on the stairs probably not though. Tina

15. Back To Top    #15
    Not to worry about dog nails and the liner! Just show them how to get out of the pool. You may have to guide them twice to the steps, after that, they'll know, and they will not claw on the sides.

We have a visiting dog who WALKS while pounding the water with his front paws and still there's no damage to the liner on the bottom.

Anna
    AnnaK

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

16. Back To Top    #16

Cool..I had heard that but I was still worried about it. It makes sense to show them the stairs, just in case they "fall" in or jump in they will know how to get out. Do you worry about the hair in the skimmer and clogs? They have one heck of an undercoat! Tina

17. Back To Top    #17
    Hi Tina,

Just "in case" they jump in???? Jumping in is how Pax thinks you GET in.

If you've ever taken a dog to the lake and tossed in a stick and then walked down the beach a little ways you will have noticed that the dog will come back out of the lake pretty much the same place he want in, then come running down shore to meet up with you. Dogs tend to get out at the same place they got in. If you have jumpers you definitely need to show them the exit.

All our dogs are GSDs with undercoats. There is no problem with the hair. My pump normally runs at night but I turn it on when the dogs are in the pool. I scoop the hair out of the skimmer after a swim session and check it again after an hour. The hair will be densely packed in the skimmer (another reason I like skimmer socks) and will look like boiled wool or felt. Just peel it off he sock or the skimmer and discard.

One real benefit of dog hair in the skimmer basket is that it lets water through but catches a whole lot of fine debris and bugs which might otherwise get into the pump pot.

I installed a PoolSkim about mid-season and am very impressed with its performance. It catches far more dog hair than the skimmer ever did in a much shorter time.

You will find, the next day, a clump of dog hair on the bottom mof the pool, about the size of a small puppy. That's the hair that was suspended in the water, rather than floating on top, got waterlogged, and sank. Scoop it out with your net.

On a tool hook on my deck I keep a small bucket with a lid. Into this I empty the skimmer sock, the PoolSkim, and whatever I scoop off the bottom. I add a glug of bleach to it to keep it from turning green and dump it in the trash when it's full.

Anna
    AnnaK

18. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK

On a tool hook on my deck I keep a small bucket with a lid. Into this I empty the skimmer sock, the PoolSkim, and whatever I scoop off the bottom. I add a glug of bleach to it to keep it from turning green and dump it in the trash when it's full.

Anna
    Pray tell, Anna..just how much is a "glug"?? I read this and couldn't help but smile...sounds like something we'd say down here in the south.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

19. Back To Top    #19
    A "glug" is the amount of liquid a bottle can pour before it has to breathe
    AnnaK

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks for the advice Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast