Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First swim today!

1. Back To Top    #1

First swim today!

I moved in in October, started dealing with the pool chemicals myself around January, and fired the pool service completely last month. We've used the hot tub portion a few times, but the pool water has been too cold to go swimming. All those hours and expense and very little use. We got up to 72 several times in the last few weeks, then it clouded up and the pool dropped to 68 or so.

FINALLY, today we broke 75. In fact it was 77 when we went in. A bit chilly, but usable. I bought my wife one of those swim trainers for her birthday, so she can swim in place. She tried it out, and it works!

I was finally able to swim down to the bottom and check the surfaces. Very smooth. No dry, itchy skin, no red eyes.

Life is good.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First swim today!

Congratulations. We just had our first one today too, up in MN. Took about 2 weeks of following the advice here to get it up and running.

Don't forget to unhook your wife, before it gets dark

Chris
    5 year old 40k L shaped vinyl Salt-Water with 40k T-15 cell, Pentair TR -100 450# filter, zeobrite media, 4 returns, 3 skimmers, 1 1/2 - 1/3 HP pump Whisper Flo

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats! While not my first swim, I had a great 'first swim in a while' today after doing 2 hours of yardwork in 90+ degree sunny weather. It felt awesome.
    TFP SUPPORTER through TFTestKits.com - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent Richard
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/