Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: which aqua trol model?

1. Back To Top    #1

which aqua trol model?

Can someone explain the differences between the Aqua Trol models to me, and the benefits/downfalls of the RJ vs HP models?

Also, anyone got any other suggestions for a decent above ground saltwater generator for a 15k above ground system? (18x33x52")? I'd like to spend <$600ish.

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: which aqua trol model?

The RJ (return jet) model is designed to mount directly to the return fitting, while the HP model is designed to be installed in the middle of a run of hose/pipe. They are both equally "good", it is just a question of which mounting style is easier for your particular configuration.

The Aqua Trol is my favorite above ground SWG. If you want another option to compare to, take a look at the Pentair IntelliChlor Chlorine Generator for Above Ground IC15.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for that explanation... After further research, I think I want the HP model... can you tell me the difference between the standard model and the TL model?

4. Back To Top    #4

Standard is designed to be used with a pump that has a standard plug, same as you have in your home, while the TL model is for use with pumps that have a twist lock plug.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School