Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding CYA and Borates

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding CYA and Borates

I have 4lbs. of CYA hanging in front off a return right now. I was wanting to add my Borates today also. Can I do both??? Type A wanting to do everything at once
    Also, do I need to wait to swim while all of this is going on??? It's a beautiful day in Tenn. today
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding CYA and Borates

You can add CYA and borates at the same time.

You can swim if the FC and PH levels are reasonable and the water is clear. If you are adding borates with borax and acid, they will probably throw off the PH for a few hours. It is best to give the borax and acid four hours to mix without swimming and then double check the PH before getting in. If you are adding borates with boric acid, you only need to wait about 15 minutes before swimming.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding CYA and Borates

As always, thank you Jason. I'm gonna use borax and MA. All my other numbers are good. Checked them this a.m.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html