Walmart has gone BBB!

DBfan187 said:
We do! Been doing it for 3 years now. 1gl of 10.5% = $3.29

The refillable 2.5gl containers are $4.10 to refill.
Thank you for selling chlorine at a reasonable price and offering refills. Wow! $1.64 per gallon for the refills of 10.5% is an awfully good price. Ever think of opening a branch in San Rafael? :-D

By the way, where is PAP? Is that Port-Au-Prince? Maybe I should move there instead. :wave:

dlduvall said:
Sorry Jule, but I have worked for Walmart for 17 years

-

OK, now we are cooking! So, who do we target for our "Please stock the pool supplies that we really need" campaign?

Is there a national level person in charge of that sort of thing? Recreational supplies? Chemical purchases? Who is the top dog in this area?

mynewpool said:
I am glad the dollar store by my house has the noodles for a dollar.

Duh, I didn't even think about the dollar store. I don't usually go to them because I hate shopping (DH does the grocery shopping) but if I can go right in, ask where they are, pick some up, race to the checkout, and be out of there in a few minutes I'll go. :wink:

We have at least five dollar type stores within 5 miles of us.

Thanks, gg=alice

geekgranny said:
mynewpool said:
I am glad the dollar store by my house has the noodles for a dollar.

Duh, I didn't even think about the dollar store. I don't usually go to them because I hate shopping (DH does the grocery shopping) but if I can go right in, ask where they are, pick some up, race to the checkout, and be out of there in a few minutes I'll go. :wink:

We have at least five dollar type stores within 5 miles of us.

Thanks, gg=alice

No problem I am glad I could help you instead of the other way around.

jule said:
What most people are unaware of is that Walmarts buying demands from manufacturers inevitably contribute to people needing to live cheaper

Not true. Fact is several WM's a year CLOSE and the locals stay in business. It just depends on the area. Just like other things in life, good news rarely makes first page. Only bad news gets the most press.

jule said:
In the opposite direction, another 15 miles from me, there is a small tourist community. Local shops, summer touristy type of place. A few years back they fought and were able to keep Walmart out of their area.

Yes that happens a lot. And what happens a lot after that is WM finds property just outside of the city limits and builds anyway and the city/town loses TONS of money on taxes. It happened a few years back in a town in GA. They found property ONE MILE from their original proposed location and built anyway. It takes in millions of $$$ a year and the city that 'blocked' them now loses tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. Yeah, those towns people really showed them a thing or two. LOL

No, I have nothing to do with WM, rarely shop there (only because of inconvenience), never worked there. I know this is WAY off topic. I'm sorry... will be last reply.

Now to redeem myself a LITTLE... does anyone know if Leslie's sells liquid chlorine? I'd love to find 12% at a cheaper price than 6% that I'm getting now locally.

denisbaldwin said:
I saw those when I was in WM last week. Couldn't believe it! I also can't believe they didn't sell stabilizer.

Same here. I went to 3 places (Walmart, Kmart, Home Depot) looking for stabilizer. Wanted to avoid the pool store because it was further away, but go figure I couldnt find the one chem I actually have to buy as a pool chem. Turns out a local Job Lot place has the most pool chemical selection aside from the pool store. Bought me some CYA there, and might go back for some of the 2.99/gallon 12.5% (not sure about that, because I dont know how long its been there or how it was stored)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I stopped at Walmart today and they had the store brand bleach in stock again. I picked up 6 big jugs and left maybe 6 for the next guy. Then I flagged down the manager to mention that they were low on bleach and since it is pool season I am using a lot of it. And maybe they could put it into the pool supply section. He said something like no because it is bleach. So I said that some stores do put it with pools and I suggested that they need to stock more at this time of year. I asked if there was some person in charge of these things and he said that there is a 1-800 number for complaints, but I countered this is not a complaint, just a suggestion. Then he showed up when I was checking out, and so I grabbed his attention again and said that since I am using 2 big jugs a week I'd have a lot less bottles to recycle if they could stock the 12% bleach instead of 6%. He said that if they have it in the ordering list he can get that. So, anyhow, I will be trying that number soon to tell whoever is there that we need to have more store brand bleach on hand and it'd be nice if they'd get 12% liquid chlorine also. We'll see if it makes any difference here.

anonapersona said:
Then he showed up when I was checking out, and so I grabbed his attention again and said that since I am using 2 big jugs a week I'd have a lot less bottles to recycle if they could stock the 12% bleach instead of 6%. He said that if they have it in the ordering list he can get that.

Many WMs do carry 10%, but the price is, IMO, insane. Works out around 45 cents for an ounce of sodium hypochlorite, where the Great Value bleach is less than a quarter an ounce.

I wish that Sams Club would sell larger boxes of Borax... they already sell the 3 bottle pack of Clorox, the big bags of Baking Soda... who can we ask at Sams to carry the Borax in Ginormous boxes.

JohnT said:
anonapersona said:
Then he showed up when I was checking out, and so I grabbed his attention again and said that since I am using 2 big jugs a week I'd have a lot less bottles to recycle if they could stock the 12% bleach instead of 6%. He said that if they have it in the ordering list he can get that.

Many WMs do carry 10%, but the price is, IMO, insane. Works out around 45 cents for an ounce of sodium hypochlorite, where the Great Value bleach is less than a quarter an ounce.

Yup...HTH Brand I believe 10%

inbamanow said:
I wish that Sams Club would sell larger boxes of Borax... they already sell the 3 bottle pack of Clorox, the big bags of Baking Soda... who can we ask at Sams to carry the Borax in Ginormous boxes.

How much is the 3 pack of Clorox at your Sam's?

I don't remember exactly, but it's around $9 in Chattanooga.

My local Ingle's (region grocery store chain) has 2 gallons of store brand 6% bleach for $3 ($1.50/gal). Local WM's Great Value 1.5 gal is around $2.70. It's amazing how a lot smaller chain can beat the pants off the big guys. And people think WM is the cheapest place to shop :)

Also why do you need a ginormous box of borax? If your PH needs that much adjusting isn't something wrong? I just used up my first standard size box (grocery store has just one size forgot size), and I bought it last year.

rastoma said:
My local Ingle's (region grocery store chain) has 2 gallons of store brand 6% bleach for $3 ($1.50/gal). Local WM's Great Value 1.5 gal is around $2.70. It's amazing how a lot smaller chain can beat the pants off the big guys. And people think WM is the cheapest place to shop :)

You may want to check that those jugs are gallons. I've never seen 6% in gallons. 96oz or the 182oz is it. $1.50 a gallon is a good price, but $1.50 for a 96oz jug is a higher price than the typical $2.54 for the GV bleach in the 182oz jugs at Walmart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.