2023 Annual Donation Campaign

I do suspect that we’ll give an update at some point, but right now I’m playing catch-up getting things out.…..and that’s a good thing. :)

About a week ago when Nate texted me this idea I had envisioned adding a plug-in that would automatically update our goal, but we just ran out of time. It was more important to get things rolling as I was kinda worried we missed the boat somewhat in getting the ball rolling. Instead Nate did an amazing job pulling this all together and so far we’re VERY pleased with numbers it appears. Again, this community is simply amazing!

Reactions: Casey and IceShadow
Donation completed! Thank you all for a wonderful, educational, and sometimes quite entertaining site.

So much of my pool build was based on feedback within the threads: water tiles/coping coordinations, depth of pool, length of pool, electric cover, thermal solar, heat pump (AquaCal heat pump), high end Pentair equipment, upgrade to salt cell IC60 vs 40, microbright lights (and why not add color ones while at it), interior finish, spa bench heights, steps wide enough for dog (who chose the spillway location instead & then the back tile in front of cover that angles and fell in (I caught him as I was right there) but that was the end of his water adventures for both of us! I do not recall reading about the Badu Resistant jets but no regret on adding them. I am working my way to building enough strength to actually use them vs hope my adult kids come swim and use them! Gotta get moving...I have a 1 hr swim to do soon!

I hope everyone donates!

Ellen M

I'm a lifetime supporter from when I first joined in 2013, and I just made a donation now although I rarely visit TFP anymore (I do use the Pool Math app a couple times a year). Why don't I visit and use TFP anymore? Because it's such an outstanding service, knowledge base, and forum to name a few. Let me explain. When my pool was first installed in 2013, TFP was an invaluable resource in educating me on how to properly maintain it - the Pool School content, the questions and answers on the forums, and more were all tremendously helpful. And then after the first couple of years learning while striving to maintain the proper chemistry and other minor issues with my pool, my pool opened in spring one year crystal clear and stayed that way the entire summer, with maybe only a few small pH adjustments needed (about when I switched from chlorine pucks to liquid chlorine). Then the same thing happened the next year, and the next, and the next, and continues to this day. I simply don't ever have any issues with my pool chemistry anymore, not for the past 5 or so years. Thanks to following TFP and using a TF-100 test kit, my chemistry stays balanced every year all season long and the water is always crystal clear, again with maybe only 1 or 2 minor pH adjustments needed. I don't know why all pool owners don't use TFP. I watch them struggle with a green pool, adding more chlorine and shock from the pool store not understanding how it can still be green. I recommend TFP, I ask what their CYA level is, I briefly explain how to SLAM (something I had to do a few times in the beginning) and much to my surprise most of them just keep going to the pool store. Anyway, thank you TFP for being there when I needed you most as a new pool owner, I hope my small donation now helps a bit when you need it most.

IMG_0085.jpeg IMG_0086.jpeg

When I got through my build, and learning the chemistry after everything settled, I signed up for the gold membership. I would have even done the lifetime one had it been available, that is how much I appreciated the help, members, content, and overall community feel of this place.

I never have been a part of a forum that I actually would have considered making a donation to until TFP. I guess I could have added a silver and bronze level to my membership, but instead just went ahead and did a one time donation. Already have purchased from the TFP store, love rocking my T shirt at public pools or water parks when we go on vacation, though do try to avoid them as none of those are as perfect balances as my TFP! Also love when the family heads to a pool party and we are all wearing our TFP shirts and they are like... "Oh, that's where you get all that knowledge from"!! Haha!

Love the donation drive and so glad to be part of it and this community!

Hello all,
I'm not sure any of us were expecting this level of support! Thank you to all of you who have made a donation as part of this campaign and otherwise. The response has been overwhelmingly positive and we appreciate everyone sharing what TFP means to them.

As of 10:15 AM EST on 8/16/2022, we have raised $8,391.50 towards our $10,000 goal.

We're almost there!

I've been telling everyone I know with pools/spas that this is the place to learn how to NOT be beholden to the pool store. TFP taught me how the pool and spa 'work', in terms everyone can understand, armed me with the tools I need to stay on top of everything, and showed me how I can avoid spending hard-earned $$$ on things I simply don't need.

Other than liquid chlorine and a box or two of Borax, my pool outlays have been practically zero this year. My grandson and godson are in it at every opportunity, my wife and I swim pretty much every day. The water is spotless...even my pool store guys commented on how pretty it looked...I still like my pool store guys, and I have them do work for me, but I don't rely on them to monitor my water or sell me chemicals. Their loss is your gain...and I think I get a shiny new(er) badge ;)

Now, when are you launching 'Trouble Free Lawn Care' ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Donated.

I have to give a big shoutout to @PoolStored and @IceShadow. I know there are many, many more people that help everybody, every day, but these two really walked me through it. My pool is now crystal clear and we’ll be able to get into it any day now. I am a TFP convert, never to go back to a pool store again.

Thanks for everything, and thank you in advance for future problems, lol. I’m sure I’ll have them! Here’s to hoping one day I can help someone out. Someone looking for guidance and just as frustrated as I was.

4D75F508-E895-4F2C-880A-5156227A4857.jpeg

Well I was already a lifetime supporter and bronze supporter, so I decided to jump right over silver and go for gold. I'm sure I've save well over that over the years with all the help I get here. I tell everyone I know about it...

Well I was already a lifetime supporter and bronze supporter, so I decided to jump right over silver and go for gold. I'm sure I've save well over that over the years with all the help I get here. I tell everyone I know about it...
Triple Crown GIF by Bastards

I got 44 pages of build thread help, and more importantly, the comradery kept me laughing about things that might have jeopardized my unincarcerated status.

the-bet-kramer.gif

I got 44 pages of build thread help, and more importantly, the comradery kept me laughing about things that might have jeopardized my unincarcerated status.

View attachment 447145
Love the reply! Laughing and comradery with others on TFP is so delightful!

Reactions: Newdude
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to our 2023 campaign. Because of your overwhelming generosity, we have met our $10,000 goal in a mere 5 DAYS out of our 50 day timeframe. We are continuously blown away by this community. The funds we have raised will support TFP comfortably through the 2023 calendar year. Any further donations will be earmarked for our 2024 budget. We hope to see you again next year as we repeat this campaign, but for now we will stop bugging you!

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to our 2023 campaign. Because of your overwhelming generosity, we have met our $10,000 goal in a mere 5 DAYS out of our 50 day timeframe. We are continuously blown away by this community. The funds we have raised will support TFP comfortably through the 2023 calendar year. Any further donations will be earmarked for our 2024 budget. We hope to see you again next year as we repeat this campaign, but for now we will stop bugging you!
How exciting to know the goal has been reached! Hopefully donations still keep coming. I am so delighted to know our members care as much as me! It was great to follow this thread and support each donation. A big thanks to all of you!

Hopefully donations still keep coming.
Amen to THAT !!!! None of us are going to want to have to find a new hobby in 2024 after next year's funding runs out.

More donations means we get to play and help folks that much longer. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Love
Reactions: Ellen M
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.