2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could u pl provide details? Might be worth a drive. Any one know one near Marlboro, NJ or Central Jersey. Thanks

Ocean State Odd Job in Shrewsberry has 12.5% Liquid Shock (They come in on pallets every few weeks) and if you catch it the same day or within that day, I am telling based on old experience before SWG that the concentration is higher than 12.5%. I am usually on target for about 3 months stored in basement. This year, I only purchased 8 gallons and used some of it while having minor problems with solar cover.

BTW, it is $11.99 + Tax for 4 gallons, which is half the price of Leslie's or other PB and always fresh, not like other PB who only really move during the start up season.

Just be sure and check the date code. They may be dumping stuff that has been sitting in a hot warehouse for over a year, in which case you won’t be getting 12.5%.

Menards (in the Midwest) ha been running April and July 2-for-1 sales on 12.5% liquid chlorine for years. The price has remained at $3.99 for several years (or 2 for that price during the sales). It's the same stock that sells for full price before and after the sales - no dumping. They also sell muriatic acid for half off the $6/gal price.

Anyone else experiencing their local Walmarts hoarding bleach?

The magic number seems to be 9 - no more than 9 gallons of the GV Cleaning bleach on the shelf at a time. When I ask if they have any additional in the back, the clerk disappears for a few minutes and comes back to say they don’t have any more.
Three Walmart’s within 5 miles of me and they all say the same thing.

I’m slamming with a goal of 16ppm. Daily trips to 3 WM’s is getting OLD!

Still best deal in Austin. Always fresh, still 8%, and no gas cost to get there if bought while grocery shopping.
2246cc6b5754b69039275d5031fefaaa.jpg

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can anyone help me crack this code - 935?

I contacted the manufacturer, but they said it's private information :)

Pool Chlorine - Google Photos

Can it really be up to 17%?

Sodium Hypochlorite 12.5-17 PH 11-14 SDS (revised 91416).pdf - Google Drive

Thanks

I used this product, along with others and one of the them that came in while I was there seemed to be very strong, and could have well been 17%. But, the bleach degraded pretty quickly. Even spoke to the owner and he stated that the bleach is strong so by the time it is transported to each state, the minimum it will be is 12.5% and the shelf life is 6 months before it gets below 10%. I still purchase a case here and there just as a spare as adding liquid is easier than constantly adjusting the SWG %.

How in the world are you going to use 177 gallons of bleach before it turns completely impotent?

Even though we were not talking about 177 gallons, there have been some members (If I remember correctly) that were at the 96 gallon range, between the SLAM and ammonia. Nothing to be embarrassed about, but sometimes learning the hard way is the best way.

Between 3 pools, 2 years ago, we purchased 28 cases of 12.5% at Ocean State Job Lot in Shrewsberry. There are 4 gallons per case. That is 112 gallons. The pallet just came off the truck from Rhode Island. For the price, I usually am not concerned about degradation, and neither was my friend with time constraints. The owner said he would ship directly to my house for free, even less expensive if we ordered about 200 cases. I tried to get some people aboard, but this never worked out.

The owner said he would ship directly to my house for free, even less expensive if we ordered about 200 cases. I tried to get some people aboard, but this never worked out.
Is that the "Super Shock" one with vented lid? How much would it be per case or per gallon if you order 200 cases? I could be interested in about 20-25 cases next season. I'm about an hour away from you, but if it's 15-17% and price is good I'd consider it.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone else who uses liquid chlorine and everybody who has pool think I'm crazy :)

Is that the "Super Shock" one with vented lid? How much would it be per case or per gallon if you order 200 cases? I could be interested in about 20-25 cases next season. I'm about an hour away from you, but if it's 15-17% and price is good I'd consider it.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone else who uses liquid chlorine and everybody who has pool think I'm crazy :)

You would have to call the phone number. The bleach is 12.5% and is sold at the Ocean State Job Lot. The company gets shipments from 3 different sources from what I remember, and do not recall which person. Remember that the product is produced so handle warehouse time, shipping time and shelf time, so not every shipment will be at the higher rate. You can assume 12.5% for 2 months only. This is what I would recommend. To order 200 cases, is 800 gallons. Be careful as they may think you are brewing something. Explain that you have a pool.

At this time, with the SWG, I purchased 2 cases in the spring and my friend purchased another case for me yesterday. This will last until the end of September when I close the pool. Good luck and keep us posted!

The three brands of Shock that I've seen at the OSJL store ( Enfield CT) that I go to are:
Super Shock, manufactured by New Haven Chlor-Alkali, out of New Haven CT
Diamond Clear Mega Shock manufactured by Amco Inc, out of Woonsocket RI
Austin Pool Tech Shock, by James Austin Company out of Mars PA and Lowell MA.​

Both Super Shock and Mega Shock do not have date codes on the bottle or box. Although I haven't seen Pool Tech being stocked in the Enfield store this year, they have alway had date codes on either the bottles or case box. All three use vented caps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.