2016 New Pool Build - Pearland TX

Sorry for the multiple posting, im posting from my phone and having a hard time with weak signal...

I recently built the lean-to shed for the pool equipment last week, I know the equipment is meant to handle the outdoor weather but that side of the house gets all the sun pretty much all day so I decided to build the pool pump shed to help out, installed vents on the sides and on the overhang to allow airflow, I will see how it will work this summer.... it was my first time tackling a project like that and thought it came out decent with the help of my dad and my teenage son. The flower bed was also done by us like a month ago aswell, that is one project that I would not like to handle ever again. lol

ap your build looks fantastic to say the least. There are so many things I like about the backyard transformation and I see a few of the concepts I am planning for my own build. What made y'all decide on the decking which looks to be exposed aggregate? This is what I chose as well and hoping it turns out to be a good choice. The rock boarder between pool and grass is an excellent look in my opinion and I am considering this as well. Are you going to put a boarder between the rocks and grass to help keep the grass from growing into the rocks? How did you prep the rock area? The plants look great as well. Congrats on the pool build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That building is awesome! Very well done! It looks like you have it up off the ground as well! Good idea. That will allow the water to drain when needed.

IF you find it gets too hot in there you can get small exhaust fans what will help pull the hot air out.

That whole pool area is SO pretty! I love everything about it!

Kim:kim:

It's so great to see these updates!!! Your pool and backyard are perfect - I love each detail, big and small! I had forgotten about the tile you used for the waterline. It looks fabulous! You and your assistants did a great job with the shed - I'm impressed. The trim work on the shed is the perfect touch. Your landscaping looks wonderful - I'm hearing tropical music.....:wink: (need an emoji with hula dancers here)

Hoping all is well down Pearland way!
Suz

ps. Now would be a great time to add all your lovely details to a signature (dimensions, equipment, materials, build year, link to your build thread, etc). Hint, hint!

ap your build looks fantastic to say the least. There are so many things I like about the backyard transformation and I see a few of the concepts I am planning for my own build. What made y'all decide on the decking which looks to be exposed aggregate? This is what I chose as well and hoping it turns out to be a good choice. The rock boarder between pool and grass is an excellent look in my opinion and I am considering this as well. Are you going to put a boarder between the rocks and grass to help keep the grass from growing into the rocks? How did you prep the rock area? The plants look great as well. Congrats on the pool build!

thank you for the comments! its all a learning curve but it will all eventually make sense once its all said and done... at the time the reason that we decided in the exposed peagravel decking was due to price..... at the the time travertine was way out of our budget and so was the stamp concrete, concrete was just too plain and the exposed peagravel decking was only about a dollar more a square foot, so we went with that choice, at the time I really wanted the stamped concrete but I am glad we didn't go with it, about 5months ago we did stained concrete on our driveway extension in the front and I would like to say it is quite slippery when wet... so no regrets on the peagravel decking for us now.

the river rock border between the decking it the grass was my idea, I thought about it for two reasons, one my back yard actually has a small slope towards the decking/pool that is the reason we had to do a small back wall on our pool design, so I believe I dug about 4" deep and about 16-18" wide all the way around my deck to put river rock, that way any water from the yard actually goes through the river rock and around the decking and it actually works! I did install a thick plastic, almost like a gardening felt to avoid any weeds growing thru it... it has been a success so far....

- - - Updated - - -

That building is awesome! Very well done! It looks like you have it up off the ground as well! Good idea. That will allow the water to drain when needed.

IF you find it gets too hot in there you can get small exhaust fans what will help pull the hot air out.

That whole pool area is SO pretty! I love everything about it!

Kim:kim:

thank you for the comments kimkats, yes we built it off the ground for that very reason hopefully it all works, that is the plan to install an exhaust fan if need, I will keep a close eye on it this summer and see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's so great to see these updates!!! Your pool and backyard are perfect - I love each detail, big and small! I had forgotten about the tile you used for the waterline. It looks fabulous! You and your assistants did a great job with the shed - I'm impressed. The trim work on the shed is the perfect touch. Your landscaping looks wonderful - I'm hearing tropical music.....:wink: (need an emoji with hula dancers here)

Hoping all is well down Pearland way!
Suz

ps. Now would be a great time to add all your lovely details to a signature (dimensions, equipment, materials, build year, link to your build thread, etc). Hint, hint!

thank you Suz, I have learned a lot thru the great people on here, our build is not the best but it works for my family and I and we are enjoying it...

yes I did the trimming on the shed with treated wood, and I used left over stain from my fence and patio to make it all match and it looks like it pulled off nicely... I have another 8x12 shed on the other side of my patio that matches it aswell so I used the same material so it can blend all together.

sorry no updated pics..... but for now house is going up for sale, we ran into a great opportunity to build our dream home of hopefully forever out of the city and on a 2acre lot, I love our current home and wish we could just pick it up and set in on our new property, but that's just not possible lol.... We are in the process of currently building the new home, we are hoping for all the stars to line up perfect for us and we might be building a pool there too if everything works out good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.