2014 Weather

It has been a crazy year, but I am not going to complain about a high in the low 80's in Louisiana in the middle of July, thanks to my solar heater the pool has been a steady 84 degrees since the first of April, which in itself was crazy, but we all know what last winter was like.

Going down into the 50's tonight, in July. :shock:

So glad I have the solar cover on.

Yesterday and today cool in the Chicago area with lows in the 50's at night. The auto cover is holding the pool around 81degs from the temperature it was last week which was around 85deg. Wife and Son swam today.. not bad. Suppose to go back to upper 70's tomorrow so back to the norm.

We'll be down in the 50's tonight and by the weekend back into the mid 80's where I like it!

My pool temp is at 76 degrees right now and dropping. :pale:

The weather here while not defined as "cool", is definitely not as hot as it usually is. I bet I could count on one hand the days we have had over 100. Most years by this time we are counting how many weeks in a row it is 100 or higher. With no heater on my pool it is struggling to get to or stay at 84 or higher in the pool. Weird fer sure!

Thanks to the unbelievable high of upper 60's Wednesday and 70's every other day since Monday... our pool has gone from a nice 82 last Sunday to an unusable 69 today! In South Arkansas. It should be in the upper 90s consistently right now!!! Come back summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Going back into the 50's tonight! What in the world is wrong with this weather?!

Had a very nice swim today which will be our last til next week or so and I can get the pool temp up again. It's raining kitties and puppy dogs right now. It's a good thing because my pool needs topped off because of 3 cannon ballers in my pool the other day. Swept it out today while hubby sunbathed in his raft, and then brushed it really well, added chlorine and threw the solar cover on it. It's pretty much resting now. Oh well... nothing I can do about this weather. Least the veggie garden gets a drink too. :cool:

Ugh, ugh, UGGHHHH! Hating this weather. Pool was down to 69 degrees this morning. No sun for days, and it's thundering again. I thought the end of July/beginning of August was supposed to be HOT! The past few years we did not swim in August at all. Blah! Sorry for being such a whiner, but when you keep ypur pool nice, you really wish you could actually use it!

It's weird. Here in the Netherlands we have the opposite problem. We had no winter at all, we went from autumn straight into spring.... But now the summer... It's hot. We are known for our instable summer weather. But now for the first time in weeks the temp dropped under 20 degrees C. at night (jippy!) We are heading for a few records, high temps and lots of rainfall. Several places had over 100 ml in one day. The sewer can't cope and people can swim in the street. And since it's so warm, we do not mind the temp of the water ;-)

I can't wait for winter, my Jacuzzi will be the temp I set it to :)

We also have had a very cool summer here in Southern Ontario - similar to the temps mentioned in PA. I bought solar panels that are sized to keep my pool in the mid 80s during the summer but I have still needed to use my gas heater set at about 81 so that it doesn't get too cool. The family doesn't like it when the temp gets below the low 80s so I don't want people to not go into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.