2005 D1 rebuild

I was an electrician. It was winter and I was laid off and looking for work. I saw an ad wanting electrical and plumbing experience. With the (mistaken) belief that anyone with opposable thumbs can swear copper, I applied. That was Morgan spas.
My very first new hot tub was a Morgan.. nice tub! I always liked the ring of bubbles feature on that tub!

And what a cute helper you have!

Just to wrap this up. The tub developed leaks at the jet gaskets, probably from dissolving away the scale, and had to be resealed. 10 jets needed replacement as well.
The issue with the flow error when jets were turned on wound up being in the controls, not plumbing, and stumped even gecko (the folks that made it). So I wired in a relay to power the circ pump when the jets are on high and the board turns it off. Problem solved, all safety devices unaffected. Still can't figure 2 boards having the same inexplicable error, and even the manf is clueless. 🤔
It sold in less than a week for $4500. I'll have to do some serious thinking to decide if it was worth it, given all the hours I have in it, but it's done. They pick it up next week.
Next one in line is freeze damage, and will need a stretch of decent weather to replumb. Probably a project for spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.