20 year old Double bubble liner pool

SuevG

Oct 21, 2021
France
We have, here in France, a 9 by 5m double bubble in ground liner pool which is well past its sell by date, but the company who built it, Crystal pools, no longer exists. This year I have battled storms and algae using cartridge filters which are too old and a liner which is also to old and loses 2 cms of water in 3 days. I have searched the Webb for filters and have finally found that spa Daddy has 6 of them but to post them from U.S.A. to France....! I am searching for alternatives and have discovered that pentair make them of the same diameter, but shorter. They of course are made for a closed filter system, mine is open, but I can buy them in France, so I have bought 2 to try them. I was reading your replies to someone with a cloudy pool and white slime. My sister chucked in floculant before she left for England, so I could see my problem! I have to keep working with what I have, as I am an old retired woman who can not afford to start again as the pool "expert" that I called recommended (for a mere 30,000 euros). I would happily grow flowers in the space but my children and grandchildren who liked to holiday before Covid and hope to again next year, love the pool. It is such a comfort to see that I am not the only person who has a blue cloudy pool which refuses to clear completely. It is slowly getting better, but the deep end still has sediment which likes to collect there. When it is clearer I will find a scuba diver to repair my holes. I have found them but can't hold my breath long enough to glue patches on them. I will keep reading with interest.

Welcome to TFP. I cant really help with your filter carts but maybe you could get one of the kids to swim down n patch your holes. It's hard to stay down there because the body likes to float.

We have, here in France, a 9 by 5m double bubble in ground liner pool which is well past its sell by date, but the company who built it, Crystal pools, no longer exists. This year I have battled storms and algae using cartridge filters which are too old and a liner which is also to old and loses 2 cms of water in 3 days. I have searched the Webb for filters and have finally found that spa Daddy has 6 of them but to post them from U.S.A. to France....! I am searching for alternatives and have discovered that pentair make them of the same diameter, but shorter. They of course are made for a closed filter system, mine is open, but I can buy them in France, so I have bought 2 to try them. I was reading your replies to someone with a cloudy pool and white slime. My sister chucked in floculant before she left for England, so I could see my problem! I have to keep working with what I have, as I am an old retired woman who can not afford to start again as the pool "expert" that I called recommended (for a mere 30,000 euros). I would happily grow flowers in the space but my children and grandchildren who liked to holiday before Covid and hope to again next year, love the pool. It is such a comfort to see that I am not the only person who has a blue cloudy pool which refuses to clear completely. It is slowly getting better, but the deep end still has sediment which likes to collect there. When it is clearer I will find a scuba diver to repair my holes. I have found them but can't hold my breath long enough to glue patches on them. I will keep reading with interest.
Hi
Have you had any success finding replacements? We have the same Chrystal pools double bubble setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.