20 reasons not to put in a backyard pool...

This is such obvious click bait... If someone really believes all that malarky, then those are the sort of people that really shouldn't have pools. The liability issue and up front cost are the only things I can see as a valid issue from some. But if you are going to install a pool most people have come to terms with those concerns.

Now.. where is that article I saw on that page.. 20 reasons not to click on pictures of Anna Kornakova.. where did that go! That's real journalizm!

There are a million ‘20 things you should know’ articles out there and everytime one appears, I think about how the poor authors feminist dance studies degree isn’t working out for them so they had to fall back on the journalism minor which is also not working out. ‘If I can just get my work out there....... somebody will hire me’. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just want to know who here spends 5-10hrs here a week maintaining their pool?! Besides newbies... :mrgreen:
If I count putting my cover on and off each day and scooping a few leaves out, maybe 10 min a day, 5 days a week. But for 5 months a year no cover. Saturday I brush the water line, steps and hot tub, clean out the pool robot, and check pool levels 20-30 minutes . Sheesh, even cleaning the filter every three months is only 30 minutes.

You know, I have had friends, not pool owners, who quote those kind of numbers. And if a person uses tablets & guess strips, how on earth could you spend that much time? Unless they count driving to the pool store.

Reactions: Casey
There are a million ‘20 things you should know’ articles out there and everytime one appears, I think about how the poor authors feminist dance studies degree isn’t working out for them so they had to fall back on the journalism minor which is also not working out. ‘If I can just get my work out there....... somebody will hire me’. :ROFLMAO:
Hey now! Easy on the feminists! ❤️

Hey now! Easy on the feminists!
No problems with the movement at all. But some of the degrees associated with it aren’t worth the piece of paper they are printed on.

In a perfect world the colleges would put an asterisk next to any of the programs that are just for fun (from all disciplines) without any future employment expected.

Reactions: Snoobug
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.