Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
442E221A-8BB3-4AC6-BEB0-5B3747243C41.jpeg

Getting ready to Remote Hookup the new MasterTemp-400 into my EasyTouch.

If I plan to heat the spa or pool, do I need a 2-wire or 3-wire setup for the 24v wires?

Thanks; Shannon

I gotcha. I sort of surmised that; but wasn’t 100%.

If I upgrade to an IntelliCenter (whenever that arrives); I’m guessing that’s still a 2-wire…??

My Pool Builder is 100% Hayward. I convinced him that I only wanted Pentair. So I have to keep him honest With all the Pentair stuff.

If I upgrade to an IntelliCenter (whenever that arrives); I’m guessing that’s still a 2-wire…??

RS-485 connection from the new model MasterTemp heater that you have to the IntelliCenter gives you diagnostics and heater status messages directly on the IntelliCenter displays. You don't need to go to the heater to see what is on its display panel.

Reactions: mnmpizza
So, an RS-485 utilizes a 3-strand data control wire (grn, yel, blk) that also carries 14vdc? But, this won’t work with my current EasyTouch Panel?? I have to wait until my IntelliCenter Panel arrives?

Last edited:
So, an RS-485 utilizes a 3-strand control wire (grn, yel, blk) that also carries 14vdc? But, this won’t work with my current EasyTouch Panel?? I have to wait until my IntelliCenter Panel arrives?
The wires only carry 15 volts if the red wire is used, but the red wire is only needed for things that need power, like a remote display device.

The heater is already powered, so the red wire is not used.

Only the data wires (yellow and green) are used.

Black is also specified, but probably not necessary.

This should work with EasyTouch.

1636773059393.png

Reactions: mnmpizza

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
About 10x the amount needed… 2x 500 sq in openings. 1 low on right and 1 behind me in the picture. It’s also 500 sq inches…
D9E365A6-0466-4B15-A441-DC7EF711CF74.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.