2 week old Pool Lamotte Waterlink Datamate Results

Jul 7, 2014
Plainfield,NJ
Well on the 15th after having my Pool ready with water for 2 weeks and running thru the filters I get my Free water Test From the Company I bought my Pool from and they offered to get it balanced one time for Free. They used a Lamotte testing system called waterlink datamate 10. So anyway they did there test and this is the Print out from them.

they are as follows
Free Chlorine - 0.04ppm
Total Chlorine - 0.06ppm
Combined Chlorine - 0.02
Ph - 7.4
Hardness - 86ppm
Alkalinity - 61ppm
Cyanuric Acid - 4ppm
Copper - 0ppm
Iron - 0.2
Phosphate - 918

They then Proceeded to add some Chemicals to the water. Alkalinity increaser, Shock and Stabilizer. I was told to retest again before going in but the two days of rain has made it impossible. I bought the taylor test kit k2206C to test so as soon as the weather clears ill post new numbers. Ill post my test results soon. just wanted to share.

Being a member for 3 years, I am sure you are aware how little faith we put into pool store test results.
Glad to see you got a good test kit.

Is there a reason you can not go out and get a water sample from the pool? Or are you afraid to get wet :poke: ;)

FYI, we would not have recommended raising the TA ... what was the "shock"?

Bleach! You need to get your FC to 3 and keep it there. I assume your water is clear and no algae.

Your TA is high but that can be left alone unless our pH rises too quickly. Too bad they added Alkalinity increaser.

If you could fill out your signature it would help us help you. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Not sure were you are located but you might consider raising your CYA to 50 to slow down FC loss to sunlight.

Take care.

Bleach! You need to get your FC to 3 and keep it there. I assume your water is clear and no algae.

Your TA is high but that can be left alone unless our pH rises too quickly. Too bad they added Alkalinity increaser.

If you could fill out your signature it would help us help you. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Not sure were you are located but you might consider raising your CYA to 50 to slow down FC loss to sunlight.

Take care.

Yes ill update my signature. Been a bit busy. Yes they added all the chemicals after their initial free test but that's it I'm going to handle it all myself. by the way Water looks clear.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to keep the FC above 3 at all times.

What does the water look like?

Yes I'm going to slowly try to get it there. My next test is tomorrow. I added chemicals as per the calculator but I got a bit confused all of the sudden because of my first time user blues. The water looks clear

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.