2 out of 7 jets aren’t working? Also, weird bugs!

TexasPool128

Apr 22, 2019
N. Texas
My pool is a couple months old. 2 of the 7 jets are shooting any water. Any reason why that’d be normal?
Also, I have these weird little bugs in my grotto. What are they and how should I kill them? Thanks!image.jpg

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Where are the "non-functioning" jets located?
Are you sure they are not on a different valve setting for a cleaner?

TexasPool128

Apr 22, 2019
N. Texas
Where are the "non-functioning" jets located?
Are you sure they are not on a different valve setting for a cleaner?
I don’t have a vacuum type cleaner. I swapped that for a robot when planning the build. 1 jet is near a skimmer and 1 is about 7 feet away from another skimmer, opposite side of the pool.

Last edited:

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Well, even if you do not have a vacuum type cleaner that does not mean the pool is not plumbed for one ;)
Is there a suction valve or return valve that is closed that could be attached to one of the holes?

Is the hole directly below the skimmer? Could be an equalizer line and just plumbed up to the 2nd hole in the bottom of the skimmer.

Wait your pool was finished 2.5 months ago? why not ask the builder what they did.

TexasPool128

Apr 22, 2019
N. Texas
Well, even if you do not have a vacuum type cleaner that does not mean the pool is not plumbed for one ;)
Is there a suction valve or return valve that is closed that could be attached to one of the holes?

Is the hole directly below the skimmer? Could be an equalizer line and just plumbed up to the 2nd hole in the bottom of the skimmer.

Wait your pool was finished 2.5 months ago? why not ask the builder what they did.
It was not plumbed for vacuum and there are zero valves closed. I’ll ask the builder today. Any idea on the bugs? Thanks!

Wobblerlorri

Bronze Supporter
Can you get one of those bugs on a darker piece of paper and take close up pics of it? Do they just crawl or do they fly? How many legs? Do they bite or sting? I'll do my best to identify it if you can get me some better pics!