2 Green Controlled Dual Speed run 24/7 for NG Heater on Intermatic Timer.

MIpoolAL

Bronze Supporter
Jul 15, 2017
Clarkston,MI
Hi All,

Recently upgraded from a 1HP Super pump to a PL2607 1.4HP Pureline Prime 2 speed with the 2Green digital controller.

I have an older H series H200 milivolt heater, with headman switch on the intermatic timer that we used for the SP. I've wired the new pump to the timer, and have just been running without any pins in it.

I'm wondering about the best way to go about running my heater come May/June. Does anyone have experience with the 2Green controllers? I'm assuming that I must run at high speed at anytime using the heater for optimal heat transfer.

My current plan is this when we want the heater in use :
  1. Set timer on old intermatic for desired time frame.
  2. Set timer on new 2 Green controller for run 24hours on high speed.
  3. Set thermostat on Heater to desired temp.
Concerns:
  1. If intermatic timer is ON but pump timer is OFF --> could heater stay ON with no flow? i dont know if this model has a flow pressure switch or no?
  2. Will the 2 Green kick back to ON automatically without throwing a 'fault' when Intermatic turns back to ON?
Other idea: replace the digital controller with a 3 way rocker switch for low / high / off and do away with the digital timer all together.

Any other ideas on how to approach this would be appreciated, I'm not really in the market to replace our NG heater as it seems to work pretty well, and we can still find parts for it.

You may be able to run the pump on low speed and still have the heater work. It will depend on the pressure at the heater. Most heaters, including yours, have pressure switches to indicate flow rate.

Also, while it is true that high speed will have a little higher heat transfer, economically, it may be more energy efficient (heater+pump) to run the heater on low speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.