2 filters set up to help not having to clean as often

Have anyone got experience of using a sand filter as a pre-filter to a cartridges filter so the cartridges filter needs a lot less cleaning?
That sounds like alot if work & expensive.
If you get alot of debris you can try using skimmer socks or hair nets in the skimmer to keep the cartridges cleaner. I don’t use them all the time but they are extremely helpful with pollen & such.
With a properly sized cartridge filter many here are able to clean their cartridges just once per season.

Been discussed before…

Reactions: ringi and kimkats
Unless the person already owns both filters with one sitting in the garage.
Not sure what weather is like over there but if you are having to clean your properly sized filter more than once or twice a year then there are likely some other reasons causing that.

Following TFP, I go all year without having to backwash my sand filter last season.

Under chlorinated water can cause filters to clog up more quickly than normal and is a more common cause.

Take a minute and fill out your signature. Include all relevant details like pool type / surface and model #s of equipment.

Right here is the perfect example..... you could have a tiny intex system along with the old system from when you replaced the last pool, or you could have a traditional pool with properly sized equipment that is overrun with algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.