2.5yr old Maytronics-E30 Runs for 25-seconds then stops - no debris!

mnmpizza

Gold Supporter
Dec 9, 2020
New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Greetings, long time no post... I've got a 2.5yr old Maytronics E30. Just did a gear/wheel-bearing overhaul last month and all was working great. Now, the it turns off after about 25-seconds in the pool.
1. The controller stays on
2. I can take the E30 out of the pool, run it in test mode [upside down] and it never stops. Runs very smoothly/freely [while upside down]
3. Changed the cord - didn't fix the issue
4. I've checked every nook and cranny and I don't have any debris obstructing the flow or the impeller - I have a fairly clean pool and no pine needles or moss - - just small leaves
5. Filters are very clean - - I even removed them; started up; but same shut down issue...

Possibilities:
1. The impeller motor is going bad and putting too much load on circuit - causing shut off?
2. TFP has the answer??? ;)

Thanks, Shannon

Seems like once its in the water it’s failing it’s self test.
Giving your thread a bump for more eyes 👀
It looks like those only have a 2 year warranty. If you happened to purchase it with a credit card that has extended warranty protection you could file a claim.
My visa signature card has this (extends all warranties an additional year up to 3 years)& I have used it twice for different things with success.

Seems like once its in the water it’s failing it’s self test.
Giving your thread a bump for more eyes 👀
It looks like those only have a 2 year warranty. If you happened to purchase it with a credit card that has extended warranty protection you could file a claim.
My visa signature card has this (extends all warranties an additional year up to 3 years)& I have used it twice for different things with success.
I purchased and installed a refurbished motor for $160. It’s been working great for 5-days.
Going to commit to removing from pool when not in use. Hopefully helps it last longer!! Shannon

Reactions: Mdragger88
@mnmpizza
Can you share where you found a refurbished motor for your robot?

Great it is working again.

FYI - my Active20 is on its 8th year and lives in the pool.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.