Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
We built a new house and pool last year. Pool builder closed the pool as part of the build. He was going to open the pool but I figured I better learn to do it on my own. So he dropped of a bottle of algaecide and 3lbs of shock. I took the cover off today and it looks actually pretty clear. Very slight cloud to the water but could be from just vacuuming. Little dirt from the Loop Loc cover because of the 3 mesh screens in the center.

Pool is a 14x25 mountain pond shape. 11500 gallons, SWG, VS pump and propane heater. All Hayward. My Pentair Warrior SI should be delivered today from Margarette at Marina Pools. I did good last year following this site’s educational reads and the pool math app.

Before I go adding anything I want to do it the right way.
So I grabbed my TF 100 test kit and here are the numbers:
Sunny, water temp 51. Air temp towards 70
PH - 7.0
FC - 7.5
TC - 7.5
TA - 50
CYA - 45
CH - 125
Salt is right at 1600

I vacuumed the pool and have the pump running right now. SWG and heater is off. Looking for a little advice on adding what chemicals and when. Do I add the shock?

1st pic is cover just coming off. 2nd is after vacuuming:

Attachments

• DD968CA8-67F3-473F-881B-633D0CA0E7E3.jpeg
    DD968CA8-67F3-473F-881B-633D0CA0E7E3.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 7308C73D-3360-4BD3-9910-BA08B9AB6F1B.jpeg
    7308C73D-3360-4BD3-9910-BA08B9AB6F1B.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Love
Reactions: Snoobug
Welcome to the forum!
I wouldn't add a thing. Return the algaecide and solid 'shock'. You should never use either.

Maintain your FC based on a 50 ppm CYA level. See FC/CYA Levels

Your TA is at the minimum. See if your pH rises naturally and monitor both.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks. I have read over those articles last year. As far as salt, should I follow the app and add the amount it says? Then turn on the SWG tomorrow?

How did you test the salt level?

If you used a proper test kit for salt, add enough to get to 2800 ppm or so. Let that dissolve and mix well for a day at least. Brush, run the robot if you have it, etc. Test the salinity again. Then add enough to get to your target.

Tip: If you have a mesh safety cover, after you take it off you will want to fully remove each of the hold-downs, clean the threads on them and also down in the holes with some kind of solvent (I used WD-40 ) then put some grease on the threads and screw them back in. This will prevent them from seizing and sticking.

Tip: If you have a mesh safety cover, after you take it off you will want to fully remove each of the hold-downs, clean the threads on them and also down in the holes with some kind of solvent (I used WD-40 ) then put some grease on the threads and screw them back in. This will prevent them from seizing and sticking.
Good tip. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.