1st Time New Pool Owner ( Long time hot tub owner ) …GREEEEN 🤮

U don’t stop slamming until u pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, it is done w/ fc at slam level. If u fail, you continue maintaining slam level.
If you pass, have cc’s of .5 or less & crystal clear water- you let fc drift down to target fc levels for your cya.

Reactions: Leeboy20
I’m preparing for the overnight test , my allergies 🤧 were so bad last night I didn’t want to mess the test up . I was wondering about doing the test when you know you have high chlorine , you can use the smaller measurement to save regents . Do you still add 2 dippers ? Thanks 🙏

Last edited:
I just did the chlorine test .. 10 ml using 2 dippers . Came out 12 ppm , as I was writing it down , I looked over and it turned lite pink again . Added another drop and it went clear , 20 seconds later it turned back light pink 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I just did the chlorine test .. 10 ml using 2 dippers . Came out 12 ppm , as I was writing it down , I looked over and it turned lite pink again . Added another drop and it went clear , 20 seconds later it turned back light pink 🤷🏻‍♂️.
It will do that. The first time it goes clear the test is over. 10ml is fine for all testing.

🙋🏻‍♂️The results are in , last night we had a firee chlorine of 12ppm , this morning the free chlorine came in at 11.5 ppm ( 1 less drop ) I put in my 0003 regent to test combine chlorine , and the 5 drops did nothing . I assume we have no combine chlorine ? Also some more dead algae on the stairs .

Last edited:
Would one dipper in the 10 ml still come out the same as 2 dippers in the 10ml ?
Yup. As long as the initial solution turns pink, you used enough powder. Ideally you want one or two undissolved grains swirling around. (Not a bunch) That's the perfect amount of powder.
last night we had a firee chlorine of 12ppm , this morning the free chlorine came in at 11.5 ppm ( 1 less drop ) I put in my 0003 regent to test combine chlorine , and the 5 drops did nothing . I assume we have no combine chlorine
.5 loss overnight passes that criteria
0 CCs passes that criteria

Dead algae fails the 'clear water' criteria.

You keep up SLAM still, but now that the FC holds, it's much easier to do. It's now a brushing to kill anything stuck to the surfaces and filter fight. When you stir some up, the water will kill it and filter or vac will remove it.

Reactions: Leeboy20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And ... one last question 🙋🏻‍♂️.... what is a normal amount of water evaporation per day in the sun 🌞. I topped the pool up
Last night even with the screws on the skimmer . And this morning the water was below the screws ( not a lot), just barely ) That was just overnight . 🤷🏻‍♂️

We notice we always have air in the jets . Is this a case of not a full prime ?
Usually it's a leak before the pump which causes air to be sucked in. A leak after the pump shoots water and doesn't suck in air. We refer to them as suction side leak and pressure side leak.

The pump lid O-ring is a frequent cause and could use some pool lube. So can any unions before the pump. Water level is another cause of air if it's below the halfway mark on the skimmers. Or a weir door that sticks occasionally. You want to give them a good flapping and make sure they are moving.freely.
what is a normal amount of water evaporation per day in the sun
It can vary greatly but 1/4 a day isn't cause for alarm if it's windy or particularly cool at night. Keep am eye on it as a water level below rhe middle of the skimmer may be causing your bubbles. Don't overfill it either because the weir door won't flap and you'll stop skimming.

A vacuum , a scrub , 2 cycles of the Kreepy krawler and when we woke yo
Checked the pool , we see this stuff . Is this dead algae ? Or could it be all
The pollen that falls around us?

Attachments

• 458BF18A-196D-43F6-8D6C-00685507C046.jpeg
    458BF18A-196D-43F6-8D6C-00685507C046.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 34967C1C-4EE2-49EF-9716-9AF38BDF5AE0.jpeg
    34967C1C-4EE2-49EF-9716-9AF38BDF5AE0.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 33

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.