Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Another Texan here (central Texas area) ... Just joined, and I know I'll be asking lots of questions as we start on this journey. My wife and I (plus our 2 kids - 11 & 13 y/o) decided it's time for a pool. We've contacted 4 companies thus far, and are actively working with 2 of them on preliminary designs. But I'll start a thread in the appropriate forum for that.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, just educating myself .. very helpful info for a couple of newbies like us! :)

hiya stoop! welcome to tfp forum posting. we are happy to help you find the best pool for your needs and budget.

maddie
Thanks Maddie. We're currently fielding bids from 3 gunite builders, and one fiberglass. My wife really dislikes the fiberglass though, so we'll most likely end up with a gunite build; but I still want the data for comparison. If it were significantly cheaper, I could probably persuade her .. but from our initial consultation with them, it seems they are on par, or maybe even more expensive, then the gunite options.

Initial sizes are coming in around 30-35ft x 18ft freeform.

All the builders in our area seem to be overwhelmed with leads at this time, and are projecting a project start date of around November. While we're in no rush, and appreciate something being done right rather than quickly, it was a bit saddening ... especially for the kids ... but, waiting one season for a lifetime of enjoyment is nothing in the grand scheme :)

Reactions: Snoobug